Windows 10: Settings Shows Uninstalled App As Installed — How To Fix?

Discus and support Settings Shows Uninstalled App As Installed — How To Fix? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently downdated an app (1Password) for testing purposes. I probably should have uninstalled first and then reinstalled the older version, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JediJoker, Apr 3, 2019.

1. JediJoker Win User

Settings Shows Uninstalled App As Installed — How To Fix?

I recently downdated an app (1Password) for testing purposes. I probably should have uninstalled first and then reinstalled the older version, but I went ahead and just "updated" to the older version. Unfortunately, Windows Settings thought there were two versions installed. When I went to uninstall the newer version, it just launched the older version and did not uninstall. Not exactly expected behavior, but it was the only version actually present on the system. As there was no way to "uninstall" the newer version while the older version was installed, I uninstalled the older version (which worked as expected). I then restarted only to find Windows Settings still thinks the newer version is installed:

Settings Shows Uninstalled App As Installed — How To Fix? 20e46ff6-4ba4-48c3-ba9b-9ca1b8c9ef78?upload=true.png

Of course, there is nothing installed. If I click the uninstall button, I get the following error message:

Settings Shows Uninstalled App As Installed — How To Fix? 38b552e8-41e3-4ffa-bebe-ceaae867ebc0?upload=true.png

So, how do I get Windows Settings to recognize that there is nothing there and remove the app from its list?

:)

JediJoker, Apr 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 3, 2019
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Settings Shows Uninstalled App As Installed — How To Fix? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Settings Shows Uninstalled App As Installed — How To Fix?

Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Settings Shows Uninstalled App As Installed — How To Fix?

1. Settings Shows Uninstalled App As Installed — How To Fix? - Similar Threads - Settings Shows Uninstalled

2. how to uninstall a app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to uninstall a app?: troubleshooting in uninstall a epic online services, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-a-app/16c7086a-14e7-4b37-bd2a-154d276b84b5
  3. Search showing uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search showing uninstalled apps: so my windows 10 is showing search results of apps that are already deleted and there is only one button "open"for example, this app named Nilesoft Shell, I have uninstalled it from my computer but it still shows there. It can't open either....
  4. Search showing uninstalled apps

Search showing uninstalled apps: so my windows 10 is showing search results of apps that are already deleted and there is only one button "open"for example, this app named Nilesoft Shell, I have uninstalled it from my computer but it still shows there. It can't open either....
  5. Search showing uninstalled apps

in Cortana
  6. How to uninstall App Installer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall App Installer?: I just reset Windows and there's this weird problem: The pre-installed windows apps except microsoft store will show up normally but it won't open. You have to either repair them, or uninstall then reinstall via elevated admin powershell. The reason I sometimes have to do the...
  7. How to uninstall App Installer?

How to uninstall App Installer?: I just reset Windows and there's this weird problem: The pre-installed windows apps except microsoft store will show up normally but it won't open. You have to either repair them, or uninstall then reinstall via elevated admin powershell. The reason I sometimes have to do the...
  8. Uninstall button for app greyed out in Settings; How to uninstall such apps?

in Windows 10 News
    Uninstall button for app greyed out in Settings; How to uninstall such apps?: So, you want to delete an application but the “Uninstall” button for that app is greyed out. This is a fairly common thing, however, there is always another way around and in this article, we are going to discuss just that. Uninstall apps with greyed out Uninstall button If...
  9. Installing and uninstalling apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing and uninstalling apps: I'm trying to uninstall Microsoft store apps and update some but I run into 2 problems. Whenever I try to uninstall an app it says error code:0x80073cf1 And when I try to update it says error code:0xC0020036 I went into command prompt and ran the sfc /scanow but it did not...
  10. how to Uninstall an app installed with another user

how to Uninstall an app installed with another user: Yesterday I had a problem with my current user, and to solve it I had to create another user account in windows. But now, my game "Quantum Break" that I had registered with the other user no longer appears as installed in windows. All applications are fine except the game....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win store shows uninstalled app as installed