Windows 10: Settings/Start menu wont work or open

Discus and support Settings/Start menu wont work or open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So recently my settings will not open even if I press the dedicated keys as well as the start menu. Anything on the task bar will not open but my right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alan_hr, May 21, 2021.

1. Alan_hr Win User

Settings/Start menu wont work or open

So recently my settings will not open even if I press the dedicated keys as well as the start menu. Anything on the task bar will not open but my right click somehow works? My notifications will not open either. Previous to this problem my admin account says that its temporary and I can not sync my settings.

:)

Alan_hr, May 21, 2021
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, May 21, 2021
  3. psd 017 Win User
    Start menu wont open

Good day. I bought my laptop with win 10 installed. Today I tried to shutdown but could not open start menu as neither the win key nor start button was working. Any suggestions ,please.

psd 017, May 21, 2021
  4. Ghot Win User

Start Menu List - Settings

You need to go one step further...

Settings >Personalization > Start, then click as shown by the RED square...

Settings/Start menu wont work or open [​IMG]

Settings/Start menu wont work or open [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Settings/Start menu wont work or open - Similar Threads - Settings Start menu

2. Start Menu, Settings, Powershell not opening/working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu, Settings, Powershell not opening/working: Hey -So I believe I'm running windows 10, recently updated to it - but I can't check cause many things won't open on my computer including:The Start Menu or right clicking itComputer Settings Ctrl-I does not work either not does ms settings in CMDMy Computer > Propertieswhen...
  3. Start Menu, Settings, Powershell not opening/working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu, Settings, Powershell not opening/working: Hey -So I believe I'm running windows 10, recently updated to it - but I can't check cause many things won't open on my computer including:The Start Menu or right clicking itComputer Settings Ctrl-I does not work either not does ms settings in CMDMy Computer > Propertieswhen...
  4. Start Menu, Settings, Powershell not opening/working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start Menu Wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Wont open: My start menu will not open. some apps on the task bar also give error "Class Not Registered"Im also unable to open the task manager to possibly restart the process and when i try to open it its just blank with nothing in the window.... My chrome button on the task bar works...
  6. Settings/start menu wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings/start menu wont open: Hey new guy here my settings/start/volume/notifications wont open and apps wont open I've tried rebooting my windows explorer and didn't do anything my calculator app won't open either. I've been having alot of trouble with my account because my settings won't sync because it...
  7. setting & start menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting & start menu not working: In my pc has a problem right now but I can't do anything at this moment. please help me. The problem is setting & start menu not working, it automatically off....
  8. Start Menu, windows apps and settings wont work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, windows apps and settings wont work: I am having a problem on Windows 10 Pro 1903, the start menu, windows apps and settings will not work. When right clicking on the start menu and trying to open any settings options they open for a quick few seconds and then close straight away. It just started happening last...
  9. Start menu wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu wont open: Good day. I bought my laptop with win 10 installed. Today I tried to shutdown but could not open start menu as neither the win key nor start button was working. Any suggestions ,please. 47294
  10. start menu wont open?

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu wont open?: why wont the start menu open? 18661