Windows 10: Settings Suspended in Task Manager

Discus and support Settings Suspended in Task Manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the task manager, several Processes (e.g. Settings and Cortana) are labeled "suspended" and then there's a leaf icon or something next to it. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sdrum, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Sdrum Win User

Settings Suspended in Task Manager

In the task manager, several Processes (e.g. Settings and Cortana) are labeled "suspended" and then there's a leaf icon or something next to it. What is this? How do I stop this?

:)

Sdrum, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 12, 2019
  3. cfourkays Win User
    Task Manager Startups Suspended

All non-MS apps show "Suspended" in "Task Manager", "Startup"
    Getting set for a class and want to show how to Disable Apps from starting.
    Have this on both laptop and Desktop.
    Both Insider Preview17093. Laptop Home, Desktop Pro
    msconfig, Startup, refers back to Task Manager which it should

No virus, both PC's clean and all else running with no problem.
    Pete

cfourkays, Nov 12, 2019
  4. jerryyea Win User

Apps. Suspended in Task Manager

I have about 6 apps. that show the status as "suspended" in task manager. I didn't suspend them and would like to know how to "unsuspend" them.

windows 10 Professional

I7 Processor

24gb RAM

Thanks

Jerry

jerryyea, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Settings Suspended in Task Manager - Similar Threads - Settings Suspended Task

2. Task manager suspending apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager suspending apps: Hey,I use a windows 11 and I've noticed that it suspends my minimized apps automatically. I then came to know that it is normal and it is done to save resources. But I have an app that i want to keep alive. How do i stop suspending apps in windows 11 ? I found many tutorials...
  3. Task manager suspending apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager suspending apps: Hey,I use a windows 11 and I've noticed that it suspends my minimized apps automatically. I then came to know that it is normal and it is done to save resources. But I have an app that i want to keep alive. How do i stop suspending apps in windows 11 ? I found many tutorials...
  4. program/app/game suspended it task manager

program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi,So i have a problem where i try to run app/program/game and for game castel miner z when i launch it sayis suspended in taskmanager for 3 secund than it force closes app and for game dirt2 and dirt3 after loading screen game frozes and in task manager says suspended.Thank...
  5. suspended programs in Task Manager, as administrator in

in Cortana
    suspended programs in Task Manager, as administrator in: How do I activate programs or files or processes and run them as the Administrator for Search in @windows 10 Task Manager. And how do activate Cortana, the Microsoft store, Microsoft Search & Indexing, along with Activating Windows PowerShell as the Admnistrator?ThanksRuth 53...
  6. Multiple Store Apps Suspended in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Store Apps Suspended in Task Manager: Mail, Your Phone and Photos apps are failing to run properly because they are getting suspended by Windows 10. The result is: I am never notified about new emails; I rarely receive Your Phone messages on time; and both the Your Phone and Photos apps will frequently refuse...
  7. Suspended apps on task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suspended apps on task manager: Hi I was wondering if there is a way I could unsuspend apps or stop them from being suspended in task manager When I try and open a game I have in file explorer it starts processing it for a bit and then suspends it and closes it but its only using less than 4% of the cpu...
  8. Apps. Suspended in Task Manager

Apps. Suspended in Task Manager: I had an issue where an app (Deezer) on Windows 10 recently stopped working, and the process in Task Manager showed "Suspended". App would just freeze after login. I could not get it to un-suspend. Simple solution, ran app as Administrator and it was changed to running...
  9. Program is suspended in Windows Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program is suspended in Windows Task Manager: I have Windows 10, and found many reports that programs get suspended by Windows as shown in the Windows Task Manager. These reports span multiple versions of Windows, such as Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10. I was inflicted with the same issue and it was frustrating to find no...
  10. Task Manager Startups Suspended

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startups Suspended: All non-MS apps show "Suspended" in "Task Manager", "Startup" Getting set for a class and want to show how to Disable Apps from starting. Have this on both laptop and Desktop. Both Insider Preview17093. Laptop Home, Desktop Pro msconfig, Startup, refers back to Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings suspended

2. Settings suspended?

3. why is SystemSettings.exe is suspended

4. Setting are suspended on windows 10,
  5. system settings has been suspended.,
  6. My windows 10 settings is suspended ,
  7. how to fix suspended file in task manager,
  8. task suspended in task manager,
  9. system settings suspended,
  10. google chrome suspended in task manager,
  11. google chrome crahses and suspended in task manager