Windows 10: Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

Discus and support Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and what are they? Thanks.

Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files? [​IMG]

Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files? [​IMG]

:)

phaedruspress, Jan 21, 2019

2. Delete Windows Temporary Files? in Settings/System/Storage/TemporaryFiles?

is it ok to delete the temporary files in windows in the settings then system then storage area under temporary files? because I have a 69gb of files there and it seems a bit overhaul for something that I don't access at all?.... thank you

JustinAxon, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 PC - Settings->System->Storage->Temporary Files->Delete does not work

I am a little confused by your reply. My concern is not about the "Disk Cleanup" app, but the System Storage on Windows 10 (Settings->System->Storage->Temporary Files->Delete).

This screen says that I have 2.41 GB of Temporary Files. I tell it to delete it and it does nothing. When I bring up

the "Disk Cleanup" app, it says that I have 200 MB of temporary stuff. I go back to Settings->System->Storage->Temporary Files->Delete and it says 2.41 GB.

So, my questions are:

1. Why does Settings->System->Storage->Temporary Files->Delete not delete anything?

2. Where are these "Temporary Files" stored?

3. How do I get rid of these files? Please, don't say "Disk Cleanup" since it does not see these files.

dodgerhawk, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

Delete Windows Temporary Files? in Settings/System/Storage/TemporaryFiles?

While all of these are helpful. I already know about the basic stuff. and i do disk checkup weekly and got rid of the old files.

My main question is under settings/system/storage there is a temporary files area that says to be holding 69gb. this seems ridiculous and was wondering if it was ok to delete

JustinAxon, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

1. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files? - Similar Threads - Settings>System>Storage Local Storage>Temporary

2. Temporary Files Storage CleanUp Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary Files Storage CleanUp Not Working: I am trying to install the Windows 11 update on my HP laptop. I need to clear space. System Storage says I have 5.33G in Temporary Files. But when I click to delete those, there's only 10kb. I have updated, refreshed, rebooted, cleared every folder manually, emptied trash. On...
  3. Temporary Files Storage CleanUp Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Files Storage CleanUp Not Working: I am trying to install the Windows 11 update on my HP laptop. I need to clear space. System Storage says I have 5.33G in Temporary Files. But when I click to delete those, there's only 10kb. I have updated, refreshed, rebooted, cleared every folder manually, emptied trash. On...
  4. W11 temporary files storage problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 temporary files storage problem?: I can't seem to be able to post any pictures here for some reason, so I'll just try to describe it:i go to settings system then storage then i see all of my storage, there is this section "temporary files" it says it takes up 31.3gb of my storage i went in there cleaned...
  5. W11 temporary files storage problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 temporary files storage problem?: I can't seem to be able to post any pictures here for some reason, so I'll just try to describe it:i go to settings system then storage then i see all of my storage, there is this section "temporary files" it says it takes up 31.3gb of my storage i went in there cleaned...
  6. temporary files storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    temporary files storage: temporary files is taking up 82GB of my storage and I want to find a way to get rid of the stuff I don't need or delete the stuff I wont use anymore. does anyone know what to do?...
  7. Windows 10 - Storage Settings > System > Storage > Delete Temporary Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Storage Settings > System > Storage > Delete Temporary Files: Hi Microsoft and Community, In Windows 10 there is a new feature called Storage Sense and in those settings you have a check mark for deleting the Temporary Files. When this is checked, it will work on my machine and delete for example the Recycle Bin. There is a user...
  8. Unusual Option for Removal of Temporary Files for System/Setting/Storage/This PC/Temporary...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unusual Option for Removal of Temporary Files for System/Setting/Storage/This PC/Temporary...: Hello, I have Windows 10 version 1803 on HP Spectre x360 laptop with a SSD drive, 232 GB. I have 170 GB of free space. There are no saved documents, pictures or videos. I have only installed apps and software installed when I purchased the laptop. My question is: When...
  9. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...
  10. Temporary Internet FIles Storage question

in Browsers and Email
    Temporary Internet FIles Storage question: Greetings, I have my Temporary Internet Files storage set to 250MB, but when I recently analysed TIF storage with CCleaner it said the storage was 654MB. Is Windows 10 not doing its job or does it take time to reduce automatically? 80070