Windows 10: Settings to Archive Files

Discus and support Settings to Archive Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have noticed that old files are missing from my C Drive. Where do I find the settings for archiving files from folders on the C Drive. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rosyboys, May 17, 2020.

1. Rosyboys Win User

Settings to Archive Files

Hi,

I have noticed that old files are missing from my C Drive. Where do I find the settings for archiving files from folders on the C Drive.

I am using Windows 10 Home version 1909.

:)

Rosyboys, May 17, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 17, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Archived mails are missing in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi John,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the Steps below and check.

Step 1: Check the sync settings in Mail app.

• Open Mail app and Hoover mouse point on top.
    • Next to Search icon you can seen Sync this View.
    • Click on the icon and let it Sync.
    • Close and reopen Mail app and check Archived mails.

If issue persist follow next Step.

Step 2: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to find Archive files in Mail app. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 17, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Settings to Archive Files - Similar Threads - Settings Archive Files

2. Can't open files with an archive box icon on it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open files with an archive box icon on it.: Hello, I've upgraded to Windows 11 and now Ican't open any files anymore with an archive box icon on it. I already logged off and back in to Onedrive. After the sync I get the same problem. I put out the archive option in the settings menu. I restartd the Windows Explorer...
  3. Can't open files with an archive box icon on it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open files with an archive box icon on it.: Hello, I've upgraded to Windows 11 and now Ican't open any files anymore with an archive box icon on it. I already logged off and back in to Onedrive. After the sync I get the same problem. I put out the archive option in the settings menu. I restartd the Windows Explorer...
  4. Windows 10 sound files Download archive here

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 sound files Download archive here: I've got an archive of the official Windows 10 sound files that I downloaded from Windows 10.Click or tap to access the archive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sound-files-download-archive-here/bfb03418-2011-46ba-87d1-7678f64e08c4
  5. Archive the backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Archive the backup: I wish to reinitialize my Back-Up, external USB 3, drive. For now, I don't want to lose any of the old backup sets, win 7. What would be the best Procedure? Burning to optical, copying to another removable media, ??? ?...
  6. how to uninstall files extracted from an archive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to uninstall files extracted from an archive: Can anybody help me out with this thing please? I recently installed an application by extracting the .exe file from WinRAR to a folder, but now I need to uninstall it, the application also doesn't appear on the Control Panel Uninstall an application list. Thank you...
  7. Enable Archive

in Browsers and Email
    Enable Archive: Windows 10 home;Version 1909.I have two email addresses but only one has the archive selection, meaning that if I get an email in the one with no archive,I have to forward it to the other to be able to archive.Is there any way to enable archive in the other one? 156709
  8. Windows 10 mail app archive file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail app archive file location: I want to create an archive file so I can copy it and use it after I reboot my surface but the mail app does not allow me to select where the archive file is stored?...
  9. Zip Archive file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip Archive file: How do I unzip a Zip Archive file and make it mp3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-archive-file/b8bf2df8-678c-4836-9416-e7a15d149299"
  10. archive

in Browsers and Email
    archive: *cry Please help an old man, i have G-MAIL how do i put my mail to archive, i have been dragging and drop to put in my folders but when i go to them the folder is there but nothing inside , i was told the best thing is archive them , I have an archive icon on my hotmail mail...