Windows 10: Settings to configure power and sleep are not working

Discus and support Settings to configure power and sleep are not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I set the setting for turning off the screen to 2 minutes and the screen never goes OFF, even overnight. I had a similar problem previously and changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SweetTasha, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Settings to configure power and sleep are not working

I set the setting for turning off the screen to 2 minutes and the screen never goes OFF, even overnight. I had a similar problem previously and changed the value in the power and sleep settings and in the sleep plan settings. That cleared the problem. Not this time.

TIA for your suggestions. SweetTasha.

:)

SweetTasha, Sep 21, 2020

2. Screen Sleep

Hi Al,

You can disable screen sleep by configuring the Power Settings. To configure the Power Settings, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Power & Sleep.
    • Under Sleep, select Never from the drop-down menu.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Power settings(sleep, hibernate) do not work

my settings for sleep and hibernate are not working. The power does not shut off after 20 minutes as in settings Any help?

Moved from: MSN / Settings and personalization / Location settings / Windows 10

***Title modified from: power settings***

GeorgeNeedy, Sep 21, 2020
  4. AlHeline Win User

Settings to configure power and sleep are not working

Screen Sleep

That only works until you reboot or power down. Then, it is back to the 15 minute setting. I am trying to kill screen sleep forever.

AlHeline, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Settings to configure power and sleep are not working

1. Settings to configure power and sleep are not working - Similar Threads - Settings configure power

2. power and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power and sleep settings: I have a Surface Pro 7. I have all four power settings set to 15 minutes. My screen still turns of after 1 minute. What am I missing? What else can I change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-and-sleep-settings/62217d41-6bea-4dda-953b-cbc41a78005b
  3. Desktop/PC Power and Sleep setting changed to Laptop configuration of "Battery and Plugged...

Desktop/PC Power and Sleep setting changed to Laptop configuration of "Battery and Plugged...: Desktop/PC Power and Sleep setting changed to Laptop configuration of "Battery and Plugged in" after 5/2021 update. At the same time Desktop started to power down then restart immediately every 20 minutes. Microsoft Tech support was unware of these changes and had no...
  4. power sleep settings

power sleep settings: What is a recommended time to automatically set the computer to sleep. I don't want it to turn off while I'm using it but it would be reasonable to flicker off after a period of inactivity....
  5. Cannot set power and sleep settings

Cannot set power and sleep settings: My SP3 won't go to sleep on its own. It stays up all night. If I go to Settings, Power&Sleep and click in one of the settings boxes, a larger gray/white box appears, but I cannot input information. I've tried going to additional settings, and it tells me it is balanced, but...
  6. power & sleep settings

power & sleep settings: It is absolutely amazing that this question keeps getting asked over and over but never gets resolved. No matter what screen and sleep are set to, computer goes to sleep after one minute of inactivity when I have all four set to NEVER. Responders, no offense, but yes I've...
  7. Sleep and power settings

Sleep and power settings: after last windows up date I have no control over any other settings except for 1 hour for the monitor and 2 hours for the CPU and yes I did save the settings. Please help & thank you ....
  8. Power & Sleep Setting

Power & Sleep Setting: The Power and Sleep settings for both Screen and Sleep do not respond to the settings saved. After a minute or two the screen reverts back to my Lock Screen and I have to sign in again to continue working. This happens with either browsing or accessing a document and...
  9. Power settings(sleep, hibernate) do not work

Power settings(sleep, hibernate) do not work: my settings for sleep and hibernate are not working. The power does not shut off after 20 minutes as in settings Any help? Moved from: MSN / Settings and personalization / Location settings / Windows 10 ***Title modified from: power settings***...
  10. Power And Sleep settings problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power And Sleep settings problem.: Hi. After upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary recently, I'm getting the following problem in Power and Sleep option using screen and sleep. I want to change the “When plugged in turn off after” box from 4 hours to 1 minute. Successfully change then I exit....