Windows 10: Settings to make my "school laptop" faster?

Discus and support Settings to make my "school laptop" faster? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hiya, so I have a laptop provided by my internship since I don't have my own. It's an Lenovo IdeaPad S145. I'm not doing much. I just use Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SilverSquare, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Settings to make my "school laptop" faster?

Hiya, so I have a laptop provided by my internship since I don't have my own. It's an Lenovo IdeaPad S145.

I'm not doing much. I just use Google Chrome since we're mostly working on the Google Suite. I feel like this laptop can get pretty slow to the point where I'm afraid of opening Microsoft Office because it freezes up.

Since this is a school laptop, I'm assuming it's fresh. Only thing I downloaded were Chrome and Slack. I don't plan on gaming (even if I did, this Laptop feels weak.). I have Tab Suspender on my Chrome, which is an extension that will suspend tabs if I don't use it for 30 minutes. It's so that if I have a lot of research tabs open, it won't use up a lot of resources.

I made it so the battery is on "Best Performance" and I undocked Cortana from the taskbar.

I still feel a sense of slowness at times and I was wondering what other settings should I consider?

submitted by /u/SilverSquare
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SilverSquare, Nov 8, 2019
  2. bro67 Win User

Setting up Exchange on Andriod with school Office 365 account

It depends if your school has blocked access for setting up on mobile device email clients. Contact your school or ask an instructor if they have a step-by-step guide to setup up on a mobile client if allowed.

bro67, Nov 8, 2019
  3. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Settings to make my "school laptop" faster?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Settings to make my "school laptop" faster?

1. Settings to make my "school laptop" faster? - Similar Threads - Settings school laptop

2. How can I make my windows laptop faster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make my windows laptop faster: Hi! I have been using my hp windows laptop a lot but it is very slow. I watched many videos to make it faster but it is slow. Can I add ram to make it faster...
  3. How can I make my windows laptop faster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make my windows laptop faster: Hi! I have been using my hp windows laptop a lot but it is very slow. I watched many videos to make it faster but it is slow. Can I add ram to make it faster...
  4. How can I make my windows laptop faster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Make laptop faster after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make laptop faster after Factory Reset: Hello everyone.I' m using windows 10.When i bought my laptop back in 2017, during startup my laptop was very fast, however today in 2022,when i start my laptop, startup takes very long 5 to 8 min.My Hard drive HDD is almost full.I think that if my computer is so slow it s due...
  6. How to make my laptop faster?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make my laptop faster?: My lpt is win 10 with 4 gb ram 200gb ,64gb virtual ram ,with core i3.How to make my laptop faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-my-laptop-faster/9988d64a-4868-4783-9ab5-51646793d435
  7. Is there anyway to make a hp laptop faster?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there anyway to make a hp laptop faster?: hello, i have a hp laptop and its acting werid like sometimes the log in thing will not appear and its slow to come on and it take like 5 mins to open an app how can i fix this...
  8. Flag settings for making edge faster

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flag settings for making edge faster: Suggest some flag settings to make edge chromium faster how to pin twitter on taskbar. Suggestions please submitted by /u/hard2resist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hc1irh/flag_settings_for_making_edge_faster/
  9. Trying to make my Win10 laptop faster... Which of these can I disable to make my laptop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to make my Win10 laptop faster... Which of these can I disable to make my laptop...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ESGO7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ha9271/trying_to_make_my_win10_laptop_faster_which_of/
  10. My laptop needs to be formatted to make it run faster

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop needs to be formatted to make it run faster: My laptop needs to be formatted to make it run faster. How do I reinstall Windows 10. My machine was updated from Windows 8. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/aa6e2a0e-767e-4023-8030-1ba09330fff4