Windows 10: Settings to stop Defender going nuts every time I open Firefox?

Discus and support Settings to stop Defender going nuts every time I open Firefox? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Windows Defender running in the background as my main AV (if I ever have a dodgy file I need scanned I just use virustotal) but lately its been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ForgotMyLastLog1n, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Settings to stop Defender going nuts every time I open Firefox?

I have Windows Defender running in the background as my main AV (if I ever have a dodgy file I need scanned I just use virustotal) but lately its been absolutely obnoxious, every time I open Firefox or copy files defender kicks in and pegs my CPU so I get to enjoy the delightful whine of laptop fan noise.

What do I need to change to stop it being such a prima donna and kicking in 100% randomly without just disabling it and going back to another AV.

submitted by /u/ForgotMyLastLog1n
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ForgotMyLastLog1n, Feb 24, 2021

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 24, 2021
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Feb 24, 2021
  4. NMI
    NMI Win User

Settings to stop Defender going nuts every time I open Firefox?

Windows Update will not open in Settings

Yes.

Thema:

Settings to stop Defender going nuts every time I open Firefox?

1. Settings to stop Defender going nuts every time I open Firefox? - Similar Threads - Settings stop Defender

2. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings: I can't personalize my taskbar like hiding unnecessary buttons but every time I open the taskbar settings the settings app crashes after about 3 seconds. I checked the Event Manager it shows:My OS information:System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition...
  3. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings: I can't personalize my taskbar like hiding unnecessary buttons but every time I open the taskbar settings the settings app crashes after about 3 seconds. I checked the Event Manager it shows:My OS information:System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition...
  4. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Graphics Settings crashes every time I try to open it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Settings crashes every time I try to open it.: Hello, I have restarted my pc, reset my pc but every time I try to open it, it would still crash. The whole settings works fine it's just the graphics settings that just doesn't work. Please help....
  6. Graphics Settings crashes every time I try to open it.

Graphics Settings crashes every time I try to open it.: Hello, I have restarted my pc, reset my pc but every time I try to open it, it would still crash. The whole settings works fine it's just the graphics settings that just doesn't work. Please help....
  7. Settings app crashing every time I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  8. Settings app crashing every time I open it

Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  9. Cortana is going nuts!

in Cortana
    Cortana is going nuts!: My Cortana is pretty dumb since the new windows 10 update on my Lenovo Thinkpad, I love the old one, but the new one, it's so dumb it can only tell you a joke! Could you please bring the old Cortana back in the next update? Thanks so so so much! P.S: Can you also tell me...
  10. In my laptop,every time i open Google Chrome instead of opening chrome it opens Firefox....

in Windows 10 Customization
    In my laptop,every time i open Google Chrome instead of opening chrome it opens Firefox....: From last 1 week i have tried to open google chrome but it always opens Mozilla firefox ,i have tried changing defaults and have tried to delete firefox but nothing work.I have to work on google but it won't let me open chrome.Please help,Thanks...