Windows 10: Settings unavailable; update pending but won’t update and restart, only restarts

Discus and support Settings unavailable; update pending but won’t update and restart, only restarts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I haven’t accessed my computer for a few days and tried to get into settings to make a change. Settings window comes up but can’t access any of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mysqueakycat, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Settings unavailable; update pending but won’t update and restart, only restarts

I haven’t accessed my computer for a few days and tried to get into settings to make a change. Settings window comes up but can’t access any of the choices. I can close the settings window. Went to restart and it gives me choice to update and restart or update and shut down. I’ve tried both several times but it never shows it updating and when it restarts (or I turn back on) it still shows the same choices on the power option and I still can’t access settings.

Does anybody have a fix for this? I’m pretty much out of commission. Thx

:)

mysqueakycat, Nov 18, 2019
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Settings unavailable; update pending but won’t update and restart, only restarts

Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused Settings unavailable; update pending but won’t update and restart, only restarts :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Settings unavailable; update pending but won’t update and restart, only restarts

1. Settings unavailable; update pending but won’t update and restart, only restarts - Similar Threads - Settings unavailable update

2. KB5001391 pending restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5001391 pending restart: Hi,I have selected to install KB5001391 in the optional updates section of Windows Update.After it have been downloaded and installed, Windows asks me the usual pending restart thing.The issue with the restart is, that I have restarted a lot of times already and every time...
  3. Stuck on pending restart after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on pending restart after 20H2 update: Forgot to flair last post so it got deleted by mods After installing an ssd in my PC and reinstalling windows onto to it, I updated the new install to 20H2. Everything went smoothly, but the update will not complete and is stuck on pending restart, even after multiple...
  4. Windows 10: Pending restart but after restart it still says pending restart endlessly.

Windows 10: Pending restart but after restart it still says pending restart endlessly.: Hello so I bought an SSD and just installed windows 10 home 2004 version and all was working fine, the drivers and such. I've updated the windows update as well and for the first run it run smoothly without problem, and after a day I checked the windows update again for any...
  5. Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart.

Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart.: Hi, When i try to update i get these issues. I wasn't aware of these until i tried to update my gpu drivers and they failed because they require that windows is up to date. [ATTACH] and when i run the troubleshooter i get this [ATTACH] however when i restart my pc i...
  6. Computer won’t restart after updating

Computer won’t restart after updating: A while back I attempted to download the windows 10 update. Everything went smoothy until my MSI laptop had to restart. When it did, it went to the MSI logo screen, and stays there for eternity. I had windows reinstalled, and whenI tried to update it again the same thing...
  7. Won’t restart

Won’t restart: So I’ve been looking around for someone with the same problem, can’t find anyone. So I’ve decided to write it myself... So, I wanted to get a new game but I realized that my pc is really slow and laggy. I asked a couple friends about this since they were the ones that...
  8. Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r: I would like to restart my computer but an update is pending and the recent update was reported to have been cancelled by Microsoft while they fix the widely-reported bug that caused some users to lose files. How can I tell Windows to restart without doing this update? Both...
  9. Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r: I would like to restart my computer but an update is pending and the recent update was reported to have been cancelled by Microsoft while they fix the widely-reported bug that caused some users to lose files. How can I tell Windows to restart without doing this update? Both...
  10. Restart pending

Restart pending: Hi, I have a problem with that restart pending. Sfc/scannow does not help. I have started tens of time no succeed.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/restart-pending/aaf758dd-8fcd-4bc6-9211-e698229fb4d9