Windows 10: Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update - Nothing but loading dots

Discus and support Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update - Nothing but loading dots in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Upgraded from 8.1 earlier today. Hours later, I realized that the Windows Update dialogue box hangs with nothing going on except the loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Shakusky, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Shakusky Win User

Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update - Nothing but loading dots

Hello,

Upgraded from 8.1 earlier today. Hours later, I realized that the Windows Update dialogue box hangs with nothing going on except the loading dots animation (for up to half-an-hour so far). Can't tell if there are new updates and I'm concerned there could be some in the future that I may need but won't be able to access them.

Any help please!

:)

Shakusky, Aug 5, 2015

2. Windows Update displays 5 blue dots and doesn't update, Troubleshooter finds no problems

Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update shows five blue dots that run across the top of the page, and does nothing else. The Windows Update service is running, and the associated troubleshooter couldn't find any problems. I'm not running any antivirus.

Thanks in advance for the help.

mvassilevsky, Aug 5, 2015
  3. BobbyR57 Win User
    unable to open windows update in windows 10

Settings - Update & security - Windows update = A blank screen with blue dots running along the top. I have left this run for hours nothing loads ??

BobbyR57, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update - Nothing but loading dots

1. Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update - Nothing but loading dots - Similar Threads - Settings>Update Security>Windows Update

2. Windows Update won't load in Update & Security Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update won't load in Update & Security Settings: I think I've had this problem for about a week now. It seems that windows update is stuck on the loading page. Everything else such as action center, other settings, and the store seem to be working fine. Anyone know why/a way fix to this? Thanks.P.S. Image:There was a...
  3. Windows Update won't load in Update & Security Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update won't load in Update & Security Settings: I think I've had this problem for about a week now. It seems that windows update is stuck on the loading page. Everything else such as action center, other settings, and the store seem to be working fine. Anyone know why/a way fix to this? Thanks.P.S. Image:There was a...
  4. Windows Update won't load in Update & Security Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings: For a couple of days, I've noticed that windows updates settings don't loadTroubleshooting steps I've taken:1. I've rolled back to a previous update2. I've also ran windows update troubleshooter in troubleshooting options....
  6. Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings: For a couple of days, I've noticed that windows updates settings don't loadTroubleshooting steps I've taken:1. I've rolled back to a previous update2. I've also ran windows update troubleshooter in troubleshooting options....
  7. Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows Update doesn't load in Update & Security

Windows Update doesn't load in Update & Security: In the last week I had some issues while playing games. random crashes, freezes, low fps, etc. I checked if I could install new drivers, but that wasn't the case. Than I wanted to check if Windows needed to update. But the page won't load, the only thing I see, are those 5...
  9. Windows Update won't load in Update & Security Settings

Windows Update won't load in Update & Security Settings: [IMG] Windows Updater doesn't load at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-wont-load-in-update-security/00f75d9a-dd77-483a-8207-90f8e6037a3f
  10. Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update - does not load

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update - does not load: Update - 9/8/15 Fixed by reinstalling Windows fresh (Again). I think the problem was caused by installing Windows linked with my Microsoft account and then switching that to a local user. My Microsoft account was registered for the insider program so perhaps I was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my windows security blank and blue dots at top going across