Windows 10: Settings was not installed

Discus and support Settings was not installed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to personalize my computer through Settings, it would launch settings and instantly close. This also happens when I go to DIsplay Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Poppy, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Poppy Win User

Settings was not installed

When trying to personalize my computer through Settings, it would launch settings and instantly close. This also happens when I go to DIsplay Settings and Personalize on the background. I've tried other methods such as searching programs in Settings to get to them, but they either don't show up or launch and immediately crash.

:)

Poppy, Aug 1, 2015

2. Why was software not installed

when I had started to download necessary software, I needed to break for a short time, when I returned the site told me my software had not been installed. I am using an email not from my internet provider and my regular email is still in use by my previous
    computer which I wanted to keep. Could this be causing interference on this new one? Please help if you can. Thank you!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

joycegunter_929, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Why was software not installed

Have you tried downloading/ installing it again, without breaking?

Micael Nielsen, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Ranjan Win User

I have the same exact problem and hence I cannot personalize my desktop. In addition my right click on the desk top does not bring up a menu. Please advise. In addition control panel=>Appearance and Personalization => Taskbar and Start Menu properties does not have any Start menu options or menu, only taskbar options. Something seems to be wrong with the setting/start menu system.
    Update: right click now works because windows was on table mode. (Be aware of tablet mode - changes whole look and feel with no notice!)

Ranjan, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Settings was not installed - Similar Threads - Settings was installed

2. Device Installation Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Installation Settings: A quick question for you guys. Will it harm my computer if I turn off "Do you want to automatically download manufacturers apps and customs icons available for your devices" in Device Installation Settings. I mean we get driver updates by optional updates now so will I still...
  3. Device Installation Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Installation Settings: A quick question for you guys. Will it harm my computer if I turn off "Do you want to automatically download manufacturers apps and customs icons available for your devices" in Device Installation Settings. I mean we get driver updates by optional updates now so will I still...
  4. Device Installation Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Install app settings location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install app settings location?: I recently found my old laptop updated to windows 10, and I'm trying to install an app that is not available on the Microsoft store. It notifies me that the app is not on the store via pop-up, and gives me the option to change my app recommendation settings. However when I...
  6. Set Outlook as default during install.

Set Outlook as default during install.: I have dozens Windows 10 machines that i will be doing installs of Office 365 on within the next month. I have noticed that when installed Outlook is no longer set as the default mail client. I want to avoid having to manually change each machine via the Settings gui. Is...
  7. Theme settings not opening with UXstyle installed

Theme settings not opening with UXstyle installed: I recently installed a new windows 10 update, after updating I reinstalled uxstyle and theme patcher, unfortunately when I go to settings > personalization > themes, settings crashes! Is there a solution or will I have to wait for an update? 86437
  8. Device Installation Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Installation Settings: Something I checked after the upgrade from Build 10240 to Build 10586.3, is in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System and went to Advanced Settings>>>Hardware>>>Device Installation Settings. First of all it's simpler now, and second of all, the upgrade reset mine to...
  9. win10 settings with recovery installation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win10 settings with recovery installation: Hi I want to know something. Does win10 save PC settings (control panel and system panel) with Microsoft account? I am asking this as i have come across some windows problems and i am going to run recovery. Obviously it will bring the system to factory settings and i had set...
  10. installation / set up failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installation / set up failed: i have a new laptop windows 10 home it loads up at set up till it get to settings then reboots over and over can anyone help? 72753