Windows 10: settings wi-fi

Discus and support settings wi-fi in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having problems connecting a tv to the internet through my pc's wireless modem. I need to access my modem 's wi-fi settings, which I should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kimmason2, Dec 26, 2018.

1. kimmason2 Win User

settings wi-fi

I am having problems connecting a tv to the internet through my pc's wireless modem.

I need to access my modem 's wi-fi settings, which I should be able to do through windows 10 's settings.

I know how to do this (well I thought I did) but I go to the appropriate place and there is simply no wi-fi icon

to click on. I have even seen screen shots of the same page that have the wi-fi icon, but not on my pc. I have automatic updates of windows 10 so that's not the problem. any suggestions would be most welcomed.

bit frustrating having new tv and not being able to access Netflix etc.

:)

kimmason2, Dec 26, 2018
  2. LadyDay53 Win User

No Wi-Fi Settings

I recently purchase a computer with Window 10. It was a refurbished unit. However, there is not listing for Wi-Fi in Windows period. It is not listed in network settings.

How do I connect to Wi-Fi with this system?

Estelle

LadyDay53, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Dec 26, 2018
  4. settings wi-fi

wi-fi settings

Hi. My name is Miles.

This Wi-Fi router configuration (or Wi-Fi base station) can be set to obtain better performance, security, and reliability when using Wi-Fi networks.

Follow the steps indicated below:

• Make sure that the firmware of the Wi-Fi router is up to date.

• Make sure Wi-Fi devices are compatible with the recommended settings.

• If possible, back up the configuration of the Wi-Fi router.

• Skip or delete the Wi-Fi settings of your network on all devices that connect to the Wi-Fi router. This will prevent the devices from trying to connect to the network with the previous configuration. You must reconnect the devices to the network when you
    finish setting up the new configuration.

• Configure all Wi-Fi routers that are on the same network in the same way. If you do not, the devices may have problems connecting to the network or the network may be unreliable.

• If you use a dual-band Wi-Fi router, set the same configuration for the two bands.

MilesPruett, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

settings wi-fi

1. settings wi-fi - Similar Threads - settings

2. Unable to lock all accounts on windows 10. Lock option under Power shutdown settings is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to lock all accounts on windows 10. Lock option under Power shutdown settings is...: https://imgur.com/a/e8uRvHAImage above.I am currently on the administrator account and cannot check the lock option.I have tried several things including changing registry keys and GPO, none of which were fruitful.Followed this thread but the solutions here did not...
  3. Unable to lock all accounts on windows 10. Lock option under Power shutdown settings is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to lock all accounts on windows 10. Lock option under Power shutdown settings is...: https://imgur.com/a/e8uRvHAImage above.I am currently on the administrator account and cannot check the lock option.I have tried several things including changing registry keys and GPO, none of which were fruitful.Followed this thread but the solutions here did not...
  4. Unable to lock all accounts on windows 10. Lock option under Power shutdown settings is...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Possible to turn off "Energy Recommendations" settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to turn off "Energy Recommendations" settings.: Hello!I was looking at the Energy settings and clicked "Set the power mod for best energy efficiency" setting.However, I would like to now turn this off but if I go into the settings there does not seem to be an option to do so.Is there a way to accomplish this?Any info would...
  6. Possible to turn off "Energy Recommendations" settings.

Possible to turn off "Energy Recommendations" settings.: Hello!I was looking at the Energy settings and clicked "Set the power mod for best energy efficiency" setting.However, I would like to now turn this off but if I go into the settings there does not seem to be an option to do so.Is there a way to accomplish this?Any info would...
  7. My camera doesn't show front view, and the are no settings available to change it please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera doesn't show front view, and the are no settings available to change it please...: My camera doesn't show front view, and the are no settings available to change it please assist i need to do a proctored exam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-doesnt-show-front-view-and-the-are-no/5a6d73ea-2d78-4179-afb7-360cdf1eaaec
  8. My camera doesn't show front view, and the are no settings available to change it please...

My camera doesn't show front view, and the are no settings available to change it please...: My camera doesn't show front view, and the are no settings available to change it please assist i need to do a proctored exam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-doesnt-show-front-view-and-the-are-no/5a6d73ea-2d78-4179-afb7-360cdf1eaaec
  9. Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again: Hi so i just tried upgrading my windows 7 laptop to windows 10 and after it finish's the upgrade it just shows the crash screen and sets back windows 7 again the crash screen said "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" how to fix it?...
  10. Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again

Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again: Hi so i just tried upgrading my windows 7 laptop to windows 10 and after it finish's the upgrade it just shows the crash screen and sets back windows 7 again the crash screen said "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" how to fix it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no wi fi network found on my window phone