Windows 10: settings window disappears after showing up

Discus and support settings window disappears after showing up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; after clicking on the start window icon, and then clicking on the settings icon, the settings screen appears for a second, and then disappears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TSLS#, Nov 14, 2019.

1. TSLS# Win User

settings window disappears after showing up

after clicking on the start window icon, and then clicking on the settings icon, the settings screen appears for a second, and then disappears completely.

:)

TSLS#, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Nov 14, 2019
  4. settings window disappears after showing up

Windows 10 - Notification Settings not showing Apps?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience. I will definitely assist you.

I appreciate the steps that you have done. I suggest you please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type notification on the search bar and click on
      notification & action settings.

• And click on select which icons appear on the taskbar.

• Turn on show app notification separately for each app.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

settings window disappears after showing up

1. settings window disappears after showing up - Similar Threads - settings window disappears

2. Windows beeping - Icon in taskbar showing up and disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows beeping - Icon in taskbar showing up and disappearing: I am running a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 on Windows 11 Pro. Every 2 - 3 minutes I get a beeping noise and the icon shown in attached photo shows up for split second. I had to capture with a video and take screenshot. I'm not familiar with this icon and the beeping noises are...
  3. Windows beeping - Icon in taskbar showing up and disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows beeping - Icon in taskbar showing up and disappearing: I am running a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 on Windows 11 Pro. Every 2 - 3 minutes I get a beeping noise and the icon shown in attached photo shows up for split second. I had to capture with a video and take screenshot. I'm not familiar with this icon and the beeping noises are...
  4. How to show wifi settings when they disappeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show wifi settings when they disappeared?: Wifi settings completely disappeared from my laptop. I see under network & internet settings no mention of wifi whatsoever. I attempted to run the internet connections troubleshooter and it asked me to plug in an Ethernet cable to start. My laptop has never used Ethernet and...
  5. How to show wifi settings when they disappeared?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to show wifi settings when they disappeared?: Wifi settings completely disappeared from my laptop. I see under network & internet settings no mention of wifi whatsoever. I attempted to run the internet connections troubleshooter and it asked me to plug in an Ethernet cable to start. My laptop has never used Ethernet and...
  6. Windows settings are not showing up on search

in Cortana
    Windows settings are not showing up on search: Hello, I just installed win10 today on my new SSD. But there is an issue I am facing on search. On my previous OS, when I search "Disk Management" it doesn't appear. Same for "Adjust ClearType text" and many things. Seeking for help....
  7. Settings not showing up in the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings not showing up in the taskbar: If you don't understand the title, if i open settings its not in the taskbar. Any fix for this? Random topic because there isnt one for taskbar issues...
  8. Windows Start Settings show more tiles disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Settings show more tiles disappeared: Hi all, please help me to solve this problem. I am using Windows 10 Home edition. After i formatted it (still the same edition), i found that my Start Settings is different. This Settings suppose look like this, [img] BUT, RIGHT NOW, it look like this, [img]...
  9. Windows Defender Settings will not show up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Settings will not show up: I'm running windows 10 newest version as far as I know and I can't figure this out no matter where I look [img] 87882
  10. My settings screen starts to show, then disappears.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My settings screen starts to show, then disappears.: Hello, I'm new to the forum. I just wondered if this issue I am having with my settings screen is a common problem, and if there is a fix for it? I just upgraded my system yesterday, from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I wanted to go into the settings to check out how the...