Windows 10: Settings window keeps auto minimizing

Discus and support Settings window keeps auto minimizing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had my laptop for 3 years now, and all of a sudden the Settings window has started to minimize automatically. It remains open for anywhere between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meson, Sep 4, 2019.

1. meson Win User

Settings window keeps auto minimizing

I've had my laptop for 3 years now, and all of a sudden the Settings window has started to minimize automatically. It remains open for anywhere between 0.5 to 3 seconds, and then auto minimizes. This only happens with the Settings window for some reason??

This is a fairly new issue and I've never seen it before.

:)

meson, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 4, 2019
  3. My windows keeps minimizing my programs.

Hello Cornel,

As you are facing issues with access the programs that keeps minimized on your device do not worry, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted this?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code when the programs minimizes?
    • Does this issue occurs in Safe mode as well?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to Run the System maintenance troubleshooter
    as it
    finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2: If the issue still persists then,

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode that boots the device with minimal set of drivers and check if the issue persists..

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists then,

Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Perform the above methods and update the status of this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Settings window keeps auto minimizing - Similar Threads - Settings window keeps

2. Games keep minimizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep minimizing: Recently, within the past week, my computer has started to minimize my full screen games every 10 minutes or so. I can't figure out the cause and I've tried multiple fixes. Things I've tried:-Making sure everything is up to date GPU drivers and Windows-turning off game...
  3. How to disable auto minimizing in XLaunch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable auto minimizing in XLaunch?: When I open XLaunch in fullscreen mode and then mot to a different desktop, it automatically minimizes, how can I disable that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-auto-minimizing-in-xlaunch/43636ade-95d6-4027-862a-3349e7533b97
  4. How to disable auto minimizing in XLaunch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable auto minimizing in XLaunch?: When I open XLaunch in fullscreen mode and then mot to a different desktop, it automatically minimizes, how can I disable that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-auto-minimizing-in-xlaunch/43636ade-95d6-4027-862a-3349e7533b97
  5. Games keep minimizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep minimizing: I have certain games that will not stay full screen, no matter what i try. Ive turned off game mod xbox game bar, turned of hdr, and some other basic things.Its makes these games unplayable, just trying to play fallout 4. I cant find anything that fixes my issue...
  6. Windows Minimization Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Minimization Settings: When I minimize a window or try to drag a window from one screen to another, the size of the window keeps changing and reducing to such a small window that it is barely visible. Is there a setting to control the size of the minimized window?Thank you,Eric...
  7. How to Minimize All Windows and Keep Them Minimized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Minimize All Windows and Keep Them Minimized: So, I'm a fan of the minimize all button on the bottom-right, probably one of the only explorer features from Windows 7 8? that I actually like lol, but here's what annoys me about it. If you minimize all and then open a window, it will always bring up all the windows that...
  8. Turn off auto-minimize windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off auto-minimize windows: Hi, is there any way to disable auto-minimize of windows? for example: I want to place three windows on my monitor without letting the OS auto minimize them. Thank you all. submitted by /u/giuliomoraca [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows keep minimizing

Windows keep minimizing: I'm so close to chucking my pc out the window. I'm just trying to study with my notes in onenote and the window keeps automatically minimizing without me doing anything. Does anyone have tips for what I can do? It only seems to be happening with the settings window and...
  10. Got auto minimize problem

Got auto minimize problem: Every around 5s after opening browser or random software, it usually minimize to home screen sometime opening latest of software or browser again. I already try find tutor on internet like tablet mode, personalize option, and update software request all of them not work. How...