Windows 10: "Settings" window won't stay open

Discus and support "Settings" window won't stay open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The "Settings" window will only stay open for a few seconds - then closes before I can access anything. Help? 161542 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

"Settings" window won't stay open

The "Settings" window will only stay open for a few seconds - then closes before I can access anything. Help?

:)

Nisko, Jul 28, 2020

2. Settings won't open.

Hi,

We would like to know more about the issue you are experiencing with the Windows settings that won't open. Please answer the questions below:

• Can you tell us if the issue is specific to a single user profile only or to every user profile on your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Robert Caw, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Josef Bri Win User
    Windows 10 Won't Stay Asleep

Looks like there's an incompatibility with the drivers and the Creators update that you're using right now. May we suggest going back to your previous system build for now as it the only workaround we have for the issue right now. To do this, follow the
    steps below:

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back.

Josef Bri, Jul 28, 2020
  4. "Settings" window won't stay open

Windows Defender Security Center Won't Stay Open

Thanks @Hydrate! Followed Step 3 of Option 2 and rebooted ... problem solved!

I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple of days and if all stays good, I will mark this thread closed.

elprice7345, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

"Settings" window won't stay open

1. "Settings" window won't stay open - Similar Threads - Settings window won't

2. settings wont stay open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings wont stay open: Just got a new pc. And when I try to update it, update screen pops up and the goes away. How Can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-stay-open/ca246a0b-503f-4e45-90f1-c3af32a25a3c
  3. settings wont stay open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings wont stay open: Just got a new pc. And when I try to update it, update screen pops up and the goes away. How Can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-stay-open/ca246a0b-503f-4e45-90f1-c3af32a25a3c
  4. Audio/Microphone settings won't stay set

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Microphone settings won't stay set: My sound and microphone settings will not stay set up and seem to reconfigure randomly.I got a new computer and Windows about a month ago. I set it up so that both my speakers and my headset are always active so that if I was using my headset I just turned my speakers off on...
  5. WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS WON'T STAY OPEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS WON'T STAY OPEN: Good morning - my Windows 10 on my desktop PC opens momentarily & then disappears from the screen so quickly that I can't use it, nor can I check for updates. Can anyone help me, please? Thanks, Geoff Walker...
  6. bluetooth setting won't stay on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth setting won't stay on: i'm trying to use bluetooth on my pc, and whenever I turn the bluetooth slider to "on" and close the settings tab, it immediately turns off. why is it being stubborn?...
  7. windows settings app won't stay open

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows settings app won't stay open: hi, my windows 10 settings app won't open. Or my specifically, opens momentarily before closing on its own. I hear there is a program fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-app-wont-stay-open/03f2e9b0-43fd-4af6-bb03-5e26fa4028e8
  8. Windows Security/Defender won't stay open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security/Defender won't stay open: Often, when I'm away from my computer, my Windows Security/Windows Defender antivirus software closes itself, even though I prefer for it to be open all the time. I've checked the settings in the program, but can't find anything related. Advice? Thanks in advance....
  9. Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open: This afternoon Edge suddenly stopped staying open. i.e. I click on the Edge icon and an Edge window opens but closes silently about 5 seconds later. Edge worked fine earlier in the day and the only things that I did besides e-mail (Thunderbird) and browsing (Vivaldi and Edge)...
  10. Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open: This afternoon Edge suddenly stopped staying open. i.e. I click on the Edge icon and an Edge window opens but closes silently about 5 seconds later. Edge worked fine earlier in the day and the only things that I did besides e-mail (Thunderbird) and browsing (Vivaldi and Edge)...