Windows 10: settings wiped everytime i restart my computer

Discus and support settings wiped everytime i restart my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When my computer restarts, all of my pinned items on my start up menu, and when I click on the "file explorer" folder, it's changed all my quick access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HollyRae083, Aug 20, 2019.

1. settings wiped everytime i restart my computer

When my computer restarts, all of my pinned items on my start up menu, and when I click on the "file explorer" folder, it's changed all my quick access links to the "my PC" instead of folders under my user name. I'm not surprised that it logs me out of everything, but it changes all of my desktop settings and I also end up having to go in and update programs that I've just updated because it deleted them. why is it doing this?

:)

HollyRae083, Aug 20, 2019

2. Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 20, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

settings wiped everytime i restart my computer

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

settings wiped everytime i restart my computer

1. settings wiped everytime i restart my computer - Similar Threads - settings wiped everytime

2. StickyKeys activate everytime I restart my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    StickyKeys activate everytime I restart my laptop: Hello,Before linking me other questions of same subject notice I already tried all the solutions in the other threads on answers.microsft.comI couldn't fix my problem so I'm opening a new one.Everytime I restart my laptop, StickyKeys option and its sub-option press MAIUSC 5...
  3. StickyKeys activate everytime I restart my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    StickyKeys activate everytime I restart my laptop: Hello,Before linking me other questions of same subject notice I already tried all the solutions in the other threads on answers.microsft.comI couldn't fix my problem so I'm opening a new one.Everytime I restart my laptop, StickyKeys option and its sub-option press MAIUSC 5...
  4. my pc crashes everytime I restart it

my pc crashes everytime I restart it: for the past few days, I cant restart my pc because it will crash and give me blue screen and the code of MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. its happen everytime I try to restart it but nothing happen when I shut it down like usual. is there anything I can do without losing my pc...
  5. my pc crashes everytime I restart it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc crashes everytime I restart it: for the past few days, I cant restart my pc because it will crash and give me blue screen and the code of MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. its happen everytime I try to restart it but nothing happen when I shut it down like usual. is there anything I can do without losing my pc...
  6. Everything resets EVERYTIME I restart!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything resets EVERYTIME I restart!: Hey all, So the issue is, that one day out of nowhere, without warning, all my settings were wiped out and somehow defaulted to the standard Microsoft build. So that sucked, but all in all it only affected the way the computer looked, didn't really care for it. However,...
  7. Everything resets EVERYTIME I restart!

Everything resets EVERYTIME I restart!: Hey all, So the issue is, that one day out of nowhere, without warning, all my settings were wiped out and somehow defaulted to the standard Microsoft build. So that sucked, but all in all it only affected the way the computer looked, didn't really care for it. However,...
  8. Settings wiped....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings wiped....: WTH Microsoft. I can understand the need to sometimes update to add features, but why wipe ALL my desktop settings. I can no longer change my taskbar colors unless I am in darkmode???? THAT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE AT ALL!!!! And why wipe my background....what would be the...
  9. Desktop Walpaper becomes black everytime i restart my computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Walpaper becomes black everytime i restart my computer.: Every time I start my computer my Walpaper becomes black after 4-5 seconds. And wheni restart my windows explorer, it comes back to normal but this istemporary. Every time I had to restart my explore. Please give me aPermanant Solution....
  10. Random things deleted and settings reset everytime I restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random things deleted and settings reset everytime I restart: I don't really know how to put my problem into few words so sorry the titel doesnt really make sense but ill try to explain. So basically, everything was fine. I went to bed and the next day when I started my computer, there was an update. Fine, i said. Not exactly new. So I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. everytime I restart computer wipes it clean

2. windows update wiped my desktop

3. after updating windows everytime restart have to start over everything is reset