Windows 10: Settings wiped....

Discus and support Settings wiped.... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; WTH Microsoft. I can understand the need to sometimes update to add features, but why wipe ALL my desktop settings. I can no longer change my taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RedMachine72, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:52 AM.

1. Settings wiped....

WTH Microsoft. I can understand the need to sometimes update to add features, but why wipe ALL my desktop settings. I can no longer change my taskbar colors unless I am in darkmode???? THAT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE AT ALL!!!! And why wipe my background....what would be the purpose of that? Even my screensaver app no longer is working. Still cannot use some hardware because Microsoft does not allow unsigned drivers to operate in windows 10....at least give us the option to have them if we want. This cr@p is why I am going back to Windows 7 with my next build. At least I don't have to worry about Microsoft screwing it up.

:)

2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

4. Settings wiped....

Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Thema:

Settings wiped....

1. Settings wiped.... - Similar Threads - Settings wiped

2. Pc wiped videos and pictures from c drive, background, and settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc wiped videos and pictures from c drive, background, and settings: I restarted my pc because borderlands was being screwy and then it comes back and says it’s repairing my c drive and then when I log in, it says “preparing windows”. I redownloded everything and used the restart button on my pc case to simulate the situation again and same...
  3. If i reset my pc and choose to wipe everything will that reset my pc to factory setting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If i reset my pc and choose to wipe everything will that reset my pc to factory setting...: If i reset my pc and choose to wipe everything will that reset my pc to factory setting with only windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-reset-my-pc-and-choose-to-wipe-everything/fedda40c-1a5a-4399-82fe-38cbab36f739
  4. Auto Update wiped all files and stored settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto Update wiped all files and stored settings: I turned on my PC this morning and everything on my account was gone. There were a few updates showing that needed a restart to complete I found these after starting up and noticing everything was wiped clean on my desktop. I tried running the restart to complete these...
  5. I’m trying to wipe off all the files off my drive and settings>system recovery> recovery>...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m trying to wipe off all the files off my drive and settings>system recovery> recovery>...: After installing windows startup on my USB, I went to the reset pc setting in setting and clicked remove all files. It told me to reset the pc with a windows system recovery device so I restarted the pc. Then I booted it back up with the USB plugged in and it’s telling me to...
  6. Will setting back to factory settings wipe out the digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will setting back to factory settings wipe out the digital license?: Hello Microsoft Community, I am concerned about my digital license Product Key because I plan to reset my computer to its factory settings then reinstall all of my software. Will setting back to factory settings wipe out the digital license? If not, will the digital...
  7. Windows upgrade to version 1903 wipes out all data and settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows upgrade to version 1903 wipes out all data and settings.: I upgraded to windows build # 1903 and as stated above all data, pictures, documents, settings, emails, contacts and other such things. I luckily had a recent backup, but can not restore contacts and emails to my email client. After rebooting the computer several times, it...
  8. MS Update Wipes/deletes my desktop files, setting and bookmarks, etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Update Wipes/deletes my desktop files, setting and bookmarks, etc.: Hi, Every single Windows 10 update, which is 3 or 4 now, my desktop files get wiped including my settings, browser info, etc. Anyone know the solution or whom o contact at MS for a solution?...
  9. settings wiped everytime i restart my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings wiped everytime i restart my computer: When my computer restarts, all of my pinned items on my start up menu, and when I click on the "file explorer" folder, it's changed all my quick access links to the "my PC" instead of folders under my user name. I'm not surprised that it logs me out of everything, but it...
  10. After wipe and factory reset of Windows 10 my personal settings all returned...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After wipe and factory reset of Windows 10 my personal settings all returned...: I did a complete wipe of my Windows 10 laptop. Everything was gone. I needed a clean slate. Five days later my personal settings reverted back to the previous personal settings just before the reset. Even the picture that came back was completely erased from the device, yet...