Windows 10: Settings wiped....

Discus and support Settings wiped.... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; WTH Microsoft. I can understand the need to sometimes update to add features, but why wipe ALL my desktop settings. I can no longer change my taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RedMachine72, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Settings wiped....

WTH Microsoft. I can understand the need to sometimes update to add features, but why wipe ALL my desktop settings. I can no longer change my taskbar colors unless I am in darkmode???? THAT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE AT ALL!!!! And why wipe my background....what would be the purpose of that? Even my screensaver app no longer is working. Still cannot use some hardware because Microsoft does not allow unsigned drivers to operate in windows 10....at least give us the option to have them if we want. This cr@p is why I am going back to Windows 7 with my next build. At least I don't have to worry about Microsoft screwing it up.

:)

RedMachine72, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Settings wiped....

Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Settings wiped....

1. Settings wiped.... - Similar Threads - Settings wiped

2. My computer randomly reset and wiped everything files, apps, settings, etc.. Is there any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer randomly reset and wiped everything files, apps, settings, etc.. Is there any...: I was using my computer was on Windows 10, when it all of a sudden did a complete reset. This reset wiped everything - documents, apps, settings, etc. - so it is basically a brand new computer. Also during the reset it appears to have updated to Windows 11. Is there any way...
  3. My computer randomly reset and wiped everything files, apps, settings, etc.. Is there any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer randomly reset and wiped everything files, apps, settings, etc.. Is there any...: I was using my computer was on Windows 10, when it all of a sudden did a complete reset. This reset wiped everything - documents, apps, settings, etc. - so it is basically a brand new computer. Also during the reset it appears to have updated to Windows 11. Is there any way...
  4. Setting up used wiped PC to boot w/o PW or PIN.

Setting up used wiped PC to boot w/o PW or PIN.: Setting up used wiped PC. Grabbed Win 10 off the Web. Wanting to boot w/o PW or PIN! Single user. No children. No family. No apps. No cloud. Should be simple, right? Eh - not exactly.Used netplwiz. Messed with sign-in options. Searched the Web for answers. Going around in...
  5. Setting up used wiped PC to boot w/o PW or PIN.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up used wiped PC to boot w/o PW or PIN.: Setting up used wiped PC. Grabbed Win 10 off the Web. Wanting to boot w/o PW or PIN! Single user. No children. No family. No apps. No cloud. Should be simple, right? Eh - not exactly.Used netplwiz. Messed with sign-in options. Searched the Web for answers. Going around in...
  6. Setting up used wiped PC to boot w/o PW or PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. I can't wipe my SSD from windows set up or diskpart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't wipe my SSD from windows set up or diskpart.: I've started having issues since I opened up a game that I haven't played in a while but still had it downloaded. When I played it, the text was messed up and then it crashed. I went into my steam client to verify the game files and then my computer went to BSOD. After that...
  8. I can't wipe my SSD from windows set up or diskpart.

I can't wipe my SSD from windows set up or diskpart.: I've started having issues since I opened up a game that I haven't played in a while but still had it downloaded. When I played it, the text was messed up and then it crashed. I went into my steam client to verify the game files and then my computer went to BSOD. After that...
  9. How do I change all of my windows settings back to the original, without wiping my account?

How do I change all of my windows settings back to the original, without wiping my account?: I messed with the audio, and now theres this huge thing where if I go past 30. It sounds like im getting abducted by an ufo never stops until i bring it back down to under 30. Non other than that, it goes past 30 and maxes out the speaker or my headset....
  10. How do I change all of my windows settings back to the original, without wiping my account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change all of my windows settings back to the original, without wiping my account?: I messed with the audio, and now theres this huge thing where if I go past 30. It sounds like im getting abducted by an ufo never stops until i bring it back down to under 30. Non other than that, it goes past 30 and maxes out the speaker or my headset....