Windows 10: Settings wont change/open

Discus and support Settings wont change/open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just finished a fresh install after going through several BSOD (which have now been corrected). I'm trying to change the settings and I can't changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dj3Dub, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Dj3Dub Win User

Settings wont change/open

I just finished a fresh install after going through several BSOD (which have now been corrected). I'm trying to change the settings and I can't changed date/time nor can I access the settings( Start>Settings). When I try and change the settings or date/time I get "This app can't open. Your trial period for this app has expired. Visit the Windows Store. Visit the Windows Store to purchase the full app." When I try to open Windows Store, same thing happens. Date/time is now an app?*Confused Thank You!

:)

Dj3Dub, Aug 31, 2015
  2. teri57 Win User

cant open settings or one drive

I changed my user at startup to guest and now I cant go to my settings to change it back. I tried F8 and it wont open. one drive wont open. I have done the netplwiz and control userpasswords2 and it wont open. I have only had this computer for 3 days and
    I'm ready to scream. please help me

when I try to open my settings it comes up...... Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? only answer they give me is NO

teri57, Aug 31, 2015
  3. jamiegood Win User
    windows 10 settings app

Have asked before and gave up, but now its annoying, settings app wont open on my windows 10, so I cant change anything, add other admin,nothing, press settings, shows up in taskbar but wont open, have reinstalled windows 10(not doing it again, had to
    reinstall everything again at high wifi cost) opened for one day then nothing, mail opens-store opens-pictures open-settings nope!

jamiegood, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Can you verify, if Windows currently is activated?

Usually I would tell you to use the Settings app and to go to "Updates and Security" > "Activation" to check.

If you cannot open that app, you can still get the same information from Rightclick on "This PC" > "Properties"; look at the bottom of the window.

If Windows activation is not the problem, the following might help (copied from another site):

1. Find C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
    2. Right-click and Run as Administrator
    3. Copy this line:

Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote] 4. Right-click in the Powershell window to Paste and then press Enter.
    5. There is no need to restart. The fix should implement right away.

If you have previously disabled Windows Firewall or do not have it running, the above steps will result in errors. Use the steps below to enable Windows Firewall and the reverse if you wish to turn it off again afterwards.

1. Right-click the Start button -> Click Run
    2. Type Services.msc and press Enter
    3. Scroll down to find Windows Firewall
    4. Right-click then click Properties
    5. Under Startup Type dropdown -> Select Manual. Click Apply
    6. In the top left portion of the Services Window, Click Start this service.
    7. Now follow the steps in the first section, and it should work.

These steps worked for others. They however have no guarantee to work for you.

Joergi, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Dj3Dub Win User
    Success! Thank You!*Cool*Thumbs

My copy of Windows was activated,should have mentioned that. I thought that could have been the reason as well.

Dj3Dub, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Settings wont change/open - Similar Threads - Settings wont change

2. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  3. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  4. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. SETTINGS WONT OPEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    SETTINGS WONT OPEN: Hi there! I am using Windows 10 Education and I first kept getting error "windows insider build ran into a problem" and then my pc used to reboot. 2 days back i noticed that now I am unable to use the settings in the notification panel. I then tried to open settings and they...
  6. settings wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings wont open: I am trying to change the fresh rate of my monitor howevere when I attempt to go into Display Settings; the settings application crashes and will n ot let me change my refresh rate. Ivew had this problem for about a week but no solution has worked...
  7. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings wont open: I am trying to change the fresh rate of my monitor howevere when I attempt to go into Display Settings; the settings application crashes and will n ot let me change my refresh rate. Ivew had this problem for about a week but no solution has worked...
  8. Settings Wont open!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Wont open!!: Hello, Windows 10 v2004 x64 I click on settings and nothing happens *Banghead How am I going to update my Windows next patch Tuesday? I don't think I blocked it from my firewall, but what is the name of the service just to check? Last changes I did in my computer were...
  9. Setting Wont open!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Wont open!!: Hello, Windows 10 v2004 x64 I click on settings and nothing happens *Banghead How am I going to update my Windows next patch Tuesday? I don't think I blocked it from my firewall, but what is the name of the service just to check? Last changes I did in my computer were...
  10. settings wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings wont open: Click on gear win 10 get error when trying to open settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/settings-wont-open/40055783-c3a7-42ed-bb93-343a4a6e946f