Windows 10: Settings wont open and i cant fix it

Discus and support Settings wont open and i cant fix it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so basically i need to change some other problems by opening settings and changing them back, but whenever i try to open settings a window pops up that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Icy_B, Jul 27, 2020.

1. /u/Icy_B Win User

Settings wont open and i cant fix it

so basically i need to change some other problems by opening settings and changing them back, but whenever i try to open settings a window pops up that says "Class not registered". I looked it up and it said to use the "regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll " command in cmd.exe, but then another window popped up that said "the module 'ExplorerFrame.dll' was found but the entry-point Dll was not found.
    Make sure that 'ExplorerFrame.dll' is a valid Dll or OCX file and then try again."

I'm just done googling things because nothing is working, can anyone help?

submitted by /u/Icy_B
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Icy_B, Jul 27, 2020

2. settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 27, 2020
  3. windows 10 settings page wont open

after the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 the settings page wont open, it just flashes and I cant check for updates. any suggestions?

Phillipm384, Jul 27, 2020
  4. tarn_55 Win User

photo app in windows 10 wont load

my photo app wont open, and I cant uninstall it for it does not come up in the apps list in the settings. But it is in the all apps list.

When I have tried to reinstall it from playstore it says already installed. But wont open, and the new Twinui default photo view app wont open any jpeg files it say "class not registered".

I have followed other suggestions of troubleshooting, and system scan with no results.

Any suggestions?

regards

Tarn

tarn_55, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Settings wont open and i cant fix it - Similar Threads - Settings wont open

2. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  3. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  4. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. SETTINGS WONT OPEN

SETTINGS WONT OPEN: Hi there! I am using Windows 10 Education and I first kept getting error "windows insider build ran into a problem" and then my pc used to reboot. 2 days back i noticed that now I am unable to use the settings in the notification panel. I then tried to open settings and they...
  6. settings wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings wont open: I am trying to change the fresh rate of my monitor howevere when I attempt to go into Display Settings; the settings application crashes and will n ot let me change my refresh rate. Ivew had this problem for about a week but no solution has worked...
  7. Settings Wont open!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Wont open!!: Hello, Windows 10 v2004 x64 I click on settings and nothing happens *Banghead How am I going to update my Windows next patch Tuesday? I don't think I blocked it from my firewall, but what is the name of the service just to check? Last changes I did in my computer were...
  8. Setting Wont open!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Wont open!!: Hello, Windows 10 v2004 x64 I click on settings and nothing happens *Banghead How am I going to update my Windows next patch Tuesday? I don't think I blocked it from my firewall, but what is the name of the service just to check? Last changes I did in my computer were...
  9. i cant open the start and i cant open settings

i cant open the start and i cant open settings: i dont know what here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-the-start-and-i-cant-open-settings/720c6ef2-fb65-4368-b948-c1b32c487673
  10. settings wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings wont open: Click on gear win 10 get error when trying to open settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/settings-wont-open/40055783-c3a7-42ed-bb93-343a4a6e946f