Windows 10: Settings won't open

Discus and support Settings won't open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The settings app won't open on my laptop running windows 10. I'm aware that this is a common problem but the troubleshooter released by microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by libertine7427, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Settings won't open

The settings app won't open on my laptop running windows 10. I'm aware that this is a common problem but the troubleshooter released by microsoft doesn't work for me, as it fails to detect a problem. I'm also aware that there is an update to fix this issue, but I can't access windows update. Anybody got any advice?

:)

libertine7427, Sep 9, 2015

2. Settings won't open

A quick Google search gave me this page that explains how to launch System Settings with a command line:

Opening the Settings app from the Command Prompt in Windows 10 – Ctrl blog

Whether it will work on your machine I do not know. As I mentioned before, I have reached the limit of my knowledge.

Frederik Long, Sep 9, 2015
  3. MaeAllan Win User
    Settings won't open

idk if i did something wrong but i just got this.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocati

on)\AppXManifest.xml"powershell

>>

>> Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}Ge

t-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}Get-

AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

MaeAllan, Sep 9, 2015
  4. pad406 Win User

Settings won't open

Having the exact same problem. I only updated to W10 today and I suspect that during the installation updates were automatically installed so the troubleshooter thinks that it has been fixed already. From what I have seen elsewhere it seems that you run that first and then update, so I think this step was missed during the installation. Hopefully someone will pop along with a fix

pad406, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

Settings won't open

1. Settings won't open - Similar Threads - Settings won't open

2. Display settings won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings won't open: When I click on "Display" in settings, it will stay stuck on the blank white screen with the settings logo in the middle. The only thing that happened before this occurred was that I had changed the resolution on my laptop to 400x600, then I shut down my laptop. Upon turning...
  3. Display settings won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings won't open: When I click on "Display" in settings, it will stay stuck on the blank white screen with the settings logo in the middle. The only thing that happened before this occurred was that I had changed the resolution on my laptop to 400x600, then I shut down my laptop. Upon turning...
  4. Settings App Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings App Won't Open: As the title suggests, the Settings app has stopped working in Windows 11. CTRL + I doesn't work, typing Win + R and then "ms-settings:" doesn't work but returns the error message "File System Error -2147219196. Here is all the things I have already tried that have brought no...
  5. Bluetooth Settings Won't Open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Settings Won't Open: This problem has been ben around for a month.I have a Bluetooth USB adapter.When every I try to open Bluetooth settings on my computer, the window pops up for one second then closes immediatly. This happens when I go through the settings to find Bluetooth and also on the side...
  6. My settings won't open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My settings won't open: I dont when this happened but my settings will show for like 2 seconds then closes itself submitted by /u/graphicheart10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mabky2/my_settings_wont_open/
  7. Settings Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings Won't Open: Hello there, I have an issue on my Windows 10, Whenever I try to open settings it immediately closes after 1 seconds... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-open/79b833e7-fde0-412b-9cff-33c7c7584114
  8. Settings won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings won't open: Hi, I recently just bought a surface pro, after a couple of updates I went to use it, but when I try to open settings, the settings logo comes up on the window but it just closes after a second. I tried pretty much everything I could find on other threads, switching accounts,...
  9. System settings won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    System settings won't open: All of the other setting tabs work perfectly fine, but when I click on System, settings app just crashes. I have ran SFC and DISM and they haven't fixed my problem. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. Settings won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings won't open: When I click on Windows logo and click on Settings, Settings doesn't open. I also did a search for Settings in the search box. It gave a list of settings that I could open but none of them opened the a Settings box when I clicked on them. How can I fix this?...