Windows 10: Settings won't save

Discus and support Settings won't save in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My pc settings won't save for example it ask me everytime i open opera whether i want to make it my default browser, I tick off option to connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Biafra, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Biafra Win User

Settings won't save

My pc settings won't save for example it ask me everytime i open opera whether i want to make it my default browser,

I tick off option to connect to one of my wi-fis but it won't go through i have to tick it off every time i check wi-fis list,

I even deleted it from my known networks but when i restart pc it still connect to this wifi.

Anyone?

:)

Biafra, Aug 7, 2015

2. Settings won't save

Hello,

Apology for the delay in response.

Could please help me with the below information to assist you in this regard.

Make and model of your device?

Please navigate me through the settings path, how you are trying to set the option on your device.

Meanwhile, try to enable the built-in administrator profile to see the problem persist there.

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD
      and hit Enter. Then type or copy/paste the below command into it and hit Enter again
    net user administrator /active:yes

Once you on to the administrator profile, work around with the settings and check if the problem still occurs.

Note: Once you're done with the troubleshooting, try to disable the administrator profile by replacing the
    yes with no in the above command line.

Hope this helps.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Des1738 Win User
    Settings won't save

Nothing happens when I set the screensaver and sleep settings. Just upgraded to Windows 10 and was not an issue with Windows 8.

Des1738, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Settings won't save

1. Settings won't save - Similar Threads - Settings won't save

2. Windows Spotlight setting won't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight setting won't save: I've just updated to Windows 11 and now Windows Spotlight doesn't work. In Settings > Personalisation > Lock screen > Personalise your lock screen, I select Windows Spotlight, but the minute I leave the page it resets to 'Picture'. If I choose a different picture, that will...
  3. Windows Spotlight setting won't save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight setting won't save: I've just updated to Windows 11 and now Windows Spotlight doesn't work. In Settings > Personalisation > Lock screen > Personalise your lock screen, I select Windows Spotlight, but the minute I leave the page it resets to 'Picture'. If I choose a different picture, that will...
  4. Notifications and Actions settings won't save

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications and Actions settings won't save: I recently got a new PC desktop and I was trying to turn off specific notifications in Notifications and Actions from my Settings. But whenever I click out of Notifications and Actions, the adjustments I made are reset to where they were before. The only thing that saves is...
  5. Mic settings won't save

Mic settings won't save: My microphone is too loud. I've got a headset and I play video games where I need to use my mic. The problem is, it's always so loud. I've tried Settings > Sound > Input > Device Properties > Additional Device Properties. Then I changed it to 60% instead of 100%. It worked...
  6. Time settings won't save.

Time settings won't save.: I noticed that my time didn't change when daylight savings time occurred, so I went to settings to fix the issue, but when I went to go change it the settings wouldn't save. Every time I hit the sync button, or left and came back, it would turn back off. Eventually, I got fed...
  7. Power and sleep setting won't save.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and sleep setting won't save.: My power and sleep settings won't stay how I set them. Every time I reboot, they go back to a default of turning off the display after 1 hour and sleeping the PC at 2 hours. I don't need to save battery power on this desktop PC and I want it to stay on....
  8. Windows won't save diagnostic&feedback settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't save diagnostic&feedback settings: I just fixed the diagnostic full option being hidden via the group editor, now I can switch from basic to full but it won't save the setting and as soon as I leave the panel it will reset to basic. If anyone could help me, I really would like to change that settings so I can...
  9. Volume Mixer won't save settings

Volume Mixer won't save settings: Hi, Looking for some suggestions. The volume mixer won't save settings, at least for system sounds. I'm trying to have it saved lower so it doesn't startle me when I get a new Skype message. Anyway, I keep setting it and it just reverts back as soon as I close the window....
  10. Sound Input won't save settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Input won't save settings: Hello there! I was trying to change my advanced sound-input settings from 1channel 16bit to 2 channel 16bit but it will not save the changes . When I click ''Apply'' it tells me that some service is using the device and that it might stop working if I apply these changes....