Windows 10: Settings won't save

Discus and support Settings won't save in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My pc settings won't save for example it ask me everytime i open opera whether i want to make it my default browser, I tick off option to connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Biafra, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Biafra Win User

Settings won't save

My pc settings won't save for example it ask me everytime i open opera whether i want to make it my default browser,

I tick off option to connect to one of my wi-fis but it won't go through i have to tick it off every time i check wi-fis list,

I even deleted it from my known networks but when i restart pc it still connect to this wifi.

Anyone?

:)

Biafra, Aug 7, 2015

2. Settings won't save

Hello,

Apology for the delay in response.

Could please help me with the below information to assist you in this regard.

Make and model of your device?

Please navigate me through the settings path, how you are trying to set the option on your device.

Meanwhile, try to enable the built-in administrator profile to see the problem persist there.

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD
      and hit Enter. Then type or copy/paste the below command into it and hit Enter again
    net user administrator /active:yes

Once you on to the administrator profile, work around with the settings and check if the problem still occurs.

Note: Once you're done with the troubleshooting, try to disable the administrator profile by replacing the
    yes with no in the above command line.

Hope this helps.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Des1738 Win User
    Settings won't save

Nothing happens when I set the screensaver and sleep settings. Just upgraded to Windows 10 and was not an issue with Windows 8.

Des1738, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Settings won't save

1. Settings won't save - Similar Threads - Settings won't save

2. Folder settings not saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder settings not saving: Hi I am using Win 10 Pro 1909 64 bit I set FFlags=43200000 for a Folder. This turns off all sorting and grouping. I can go to the folder and move icons to different positions. When I exit and return to folder none of the changes are saved. All my NoSaveSettings in...
  3. My laptop won't save any of the settings I set

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop won't save any of the settings I set: I got this laptop from a pawn shop, every time I boot it back up i have to make Chrome my default browser again even though i did that the day i got it, all of the shortcuts in the taskbar are set to default, the background is set to default I have to sign into all of my...
  4. Windows 10 Update Lost & Won't Save my Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Update Lost & Won't Save my Settings: After an automatic Windows 10 update, all my personalization settings were reset to default. I re-chose my preferred settings, but every time I logged on the settings were reset and Windows thinks I'm logging onto my laptop, to the internet, and using Microsoft Office...
  5. Volume Mixer won't save settings

Volume Mixer won't save settings: Hi, Looking for some suggestions. The volume mixer won't save settings, at least for system sounds. I'm trying to have it saved lower so it doesn't startle me when I get a new Skype message. Anyway, I keep setting it and it just reverts back as soon as I close the window....
  6. windows update won't save personal settings

windows update won't save personal settings: I was asked to install a windows update. Now windows will not remember any of my personal settings. Every time I start up the computer, the settings go back to default. The back ground goes back to the windows graphic. The taskbar does not retain the icons I pinned to it...
  7. Sound Input won't save settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Input won't save settings: Hello there! I was trying to change my advanced sound-input settings from 1channel 16bit to 2 channel 16bit but it will not save the changes . When I click ''Apply'' it tells me that some service is using the device and that it might stop working if I apply these changes....
  8. Passwords won't save and/or won't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Passwords won't save and/or won't work: On February 13, my google stored passwords and also passwords on my own no longer worked and/or were no longer saved. Does anyone know of a fix? Happy Valentine's Day to all....
  9. Save alarm sets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save alarm sets: Is it possible to create and save Alarm sets. I teach elementary school. I use this app to stay on schedule. There are days when the schedule varies. I currently use my phone for alarms on those days. I'd like to use the app. Unfortunately it takes too long to go through and...
  10. Settings not saved

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Settings not saved: In NVIDIA Control Panel, when I select my settings and click apply every things is OK. The next time I reboot they change. Why are they not being saved? 35460