Windows 10: settings wont stay open

Discus and support settings wont stay open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just got a new pc. And when I try to update it, update screen pops up and the goes away. How Can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Minister625, Oct 7, 2022.

1. settings wont stay open

Just got a new pc. And when I try to update it, update screen pops up and the goes away. How Can I fix this?

:)

Minister625, Oct 7, 2022

2. settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 7, 2022
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Ztruker Win User

settings wont stay open

"Settings" window won't stay open

When I try to run it I get the following:

settings wont stay open [​IMG]

Ztruker, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

settings wont stay open

1. settings wont stay open - Similar Threads - settings wont stay

2. settings wont stay open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings wont stay open: Just got a new pc. And when I try to update it, update screen pops up and the goes away. How Can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-stay-open/ca246a0b-503f-4e45-90f1-c3af32a25a3c
  3. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  4. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  5. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Sound settings wont stay the same.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound settings wont stay the same.: I recently got a microphone and i was trying to turn the volume down on it. I went to the levels tab in properties with the microphone selected, then i toggled with the slider, lowering the volume. I went back to discord to listen and see if it helped and it did, it was...
  7. settings wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings wont open: I am trying to change the fresh rate of my monitor howevere when I attempt to go into Display Settings; the settings application crashes and will n ot let me change my refresh rate. Ivew had this problem for about a week but no solution has worked...
  8. Setting Wont open!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Wont open!!: Hello, Windows 10 v2004 x64 I click on settings and nothing happens *Banghead How am I going to update my Windows next patch Tuesday? I don't think I blocked it from my firewall, but what is the name of the service just to check? Last changes I did in my computer were...
  9. 3d paint wont stay open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3d paint wont stay open: It wont launch , I'm using Windows 10 (of course) Everything was cool then I click on the logo, just wont launch. I'm dumb with computers but I don't know what else to say? I click its like it wants to start the logo appears and poof it wont start? thankyou for your time!!...
  10. Microsoft Edge wont stay open

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge wont stay open: When I click the icon in task bar, EDGE search window will only stay open for about 5 seconds. Why? 10245