Windows 10: SettingSyncHost

Discus and support SettingSyncHost in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. There was an update to this file on 4/19/2019 that is messing up my system. I keep getting a pop up asking me to "Save a Theme" and it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TomVk, Jul 5, 2019.

1. TomVk Win User

SettingSyncHost

Hello. There was an update to this file on 4/19/2019 that is messing up my system. I keep getting a pop up asking me to "Save a Theme" and it will not allow me exit out of it safely. Please tell me what this is. Thanks.

:)

TomVk, Jul 5, 2019
  2. tjmoes Win User

SettingSyncHost error

"SettingSyncHost (7220) An attempt to open the file ""C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\remotemetastore\v1\meta.edb"" for read only access failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): ""The process cannot access the file because it
    is being used by another process. "". The open file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8)."

tjmoes, Oct 1, 2019
  3. SettingSyncHost (13812) Unable to create a new logfile

i'm seeing these errors

SettingSyncHost (13812) Unable to create a new logfile because the database cannot write to the log drive. The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured, or corrupted. Error -1032

SettingSyncHost (13812) {F95DA7DA-9B70-415F-A8A1-628B3FDA4652}: Error -1032 (0xfffffbf8) occurred while opening logfile C:\Users\robfl\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\metastore\edb.log.

the log file or path doesn't exist

anyone have a fix

rob

Robfly80-2, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Artins90 Win User

SettingSyncHost

SettingSyncHost errors, meta.edb missing, edbtmp.log cannot be accessed.

Hi everyone,

I have installed Windows 10 on my new SSD and I decided to copy over the old files from my previous installation of Windows 10.

After inserting the account details the system decided to cut the last letter of my username, artin instead of Artins.

Since I had many custom programs that relied on the path C:\Users\Artins in order to work correctly and since modifying them was too much a hassle, I decided to find a way to change the name of my Users folder. I was able to fix the name of the folder by
    creating another administrator account, logging into it and renaming the user folder and the other user profile name.

I noticed that I am getting hundreds of the errors listed in the title, they appear in the following order:

SettingSyncHost (2132) An attempt to open the file "C:\Windows\system32\edbtmp.log" for read / write access failed with system error 5 (0x00000005): "Access is denied. ". The open file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).

SettingSyncHost (2132) Unable to create a new logfile because the database cannot write to the log drive. The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured, or corrupted. Error -1032.

SettingSyncHost (2132) {D2845C24-C1DE-44B9-933A-77F4CBEF4830}: Database recovery failed with error -1216 because it encountered references to a database, 'C:\Users\artin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\metastore\meta.edb', which is no longer
    present. The database was not brought to a Clean Shutdown state before it was removed (or possibly moved or renamed). The database engine will not permit recovery to complete for this instance until the missing database is re-instated. If the database is truly
    no longer available and no longer required, procedures for recovering from this error are available in the Microsoft Knowledge Base or by following the "more information" link at the bottom of this message.

SettingSyncHost (2132) {D2845C24-C1DE-44B9-933A-77F4CBEF4830}: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -1216.

They loop in this order.

'C:\Users\artin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\metastore\meta.edb', doesn't exist anymore and probably it's the root of the whole set of errors, I would like to know if there is a way to redirect the SettingSyncHost to C:\Users\Artins

So far I have tried to run a subinacl script I found in another thread of this site to restore the system access to C:\Windows\system32\edbtmp.log without luck. I also tried to boot in safe mode but the errors were still being recorded, then I ran a Dism
    /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which didn't find any integrity problems followed by an sfc /scannow which reported the same, no integrity issues were found.

I hope someone can help me find a solution, thank you in advance.

Artins90, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

SettingSyncHost

1. SettingSyncHost - Similar Threads - SettingSyncHost

2. Event Viewer Errors: SettingSyncHost, Source ESENT Event 467

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Viewer Errors: SettingSyncHost, Source ESENT Event 467: EDIT: ARGH, sorry, meant to post this in General Discussion forum, I have no idea if it is a network issue. Hello everyone, I keep seeing this error appear several times a day, even during idle, in my Event Viewer. I did a clean install of build 10586 less than a month...
  3. Event Viewer Errors: SettingSyncHost, Source ESENT, Event 467

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Errors: SettingSyncHost, Source ESENT, Event 467: Hello everyone, I keep seeing this error appear several times a day, even during idle, in my Event Viewer. I did a clean install of build 10586 less than a month ago. I'm not having any overt issues yet, but the error is disturbing. SettingSyncHost (9144)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SettingSyncHost remotemetastore