Windows 10: Settinig up microphone on Dell pc

Discus and support Settinig up microphone on Dell pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; the connector to my microphone is a USB connector rather than the other kind. Where can I plug it into my Dell 990 computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BarbaraFarrell3, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Settinig up microphone on Dell pc

the connector to my microphone is a USB connector rather than the other kind. Where can I plug it into my Dell 990 computer?

:)

BarbaraFarrell3, Jul 14, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Settinig up microphone on Dell pc

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Settinig up microphone on Dell pc

1. Settinig up microphone on Dell pc - Similar Threads - Settinig microphone Dell

2. Microphone picking up PC audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone picking up PC audio: I have Windows 11 and my microphone pick up my audio ; I tried the following : -Press Windows key + X-Go to Settings-Click Update and Security-Click Troubleshooter then Additional troubleshooter.-Look for Speech and run the troubleshooter.-Press Windows key + X-Go to Device...
  3. Microphone picking up PC audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc youtube ,spotify , etc. I have already tried a lot of things.i tried troubleshooting but didn't help .i disabled all apps that were...
  4. Microphone picking up PC audio

Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc youtube ,spotify , etc. I have already tried a lot of things.i tried troubleshooting but didn't help .i disabled all apps that were...
  5. PC not picking up USB microphone

PC not picking up USB microphone: I purchased a PC a few weeks ago, and two days ago I plugged in my USB microphone for the first time, a Rode USB mic, only to find the PC isn't reacting to it being plugged in at all. This is not an issue with the microphone, I booted up my old PC yesterday, plugged in the...
  6. PC not picking up USB microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC not picking up USB microphone: I purchased a PC a few weeks ago, and two days ago I plugged in my USB microphone for the first time, a Rode USB mic, only to find the PC isn't reacting to it being plugged in at all. This is not an issue with the microphone, I booted up my old PC yesterday, plugged in the...
  7. Microphone picking up PC audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this for a long time and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc. I have already tried a lot of things.Mix stereo is turned offThe microphone is not picking up physical sound from my...
  8. Microphone picking up PC audio

Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this for a long time and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc. I have already tried a lot of things.Mix stereo is turned offThe microphone is not picking up physical sound from my...
  9. microphone dell OptiPlex

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microphone dell OptiPlex: when i talk to someone thru google voice on my computer they say there is a big humming sound? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-dell-optiplex/5944e82e-449c-4cf2-af3f-05a2927d6803
  10. Microphone on my Dell PC is not working

in Cortana
    Microphone on my Dell PC is not working: Microphone on my Dell PC is not working. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-on-my-dell-pc-is-not-working/89d04bf3-bf19-475a-a837-1d4c20f1a4e2