Windows 10: Setttings > devices > Printers broken view

Discus and support Setttings > devices > Printers broken view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As seen here, when I visit Settings > Devices > Printers and Faxes, when I click a printer it doesn't drop the printer below it down beyond... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dashrender1975, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Setttings > devices > Printers broken view

Setttings > devices > Printers broken view 0db54c36-2dd7-4215-8797-496e1a5f9a47?upload=true.png

As seen here, when I visit Settings > Devices > Printers and Faxes, when I click a printer it doesn't drop the printer below it down beyond the Open queue and Manage buttons therefore I can't click on them.

I can use the tab button to highlight those buttons, then use the Enter key on the keyboard to activate the desired button. This is a huge hassle for my users.

System specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64 1903 with 2019-06 Cumulative updates.

:)

Dashrender1975, Jun 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Epson C88+ not showing in devices and printers

Hi Mike,

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted printer drivers.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your devices (Computer and printer)?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update the drivers for printer in Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 3: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the printer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 25, 2019
  3. New Printer Not Showing in Devices & Printers (But Does Show in Device Manager)

Now I have no printers and Devices and Printers at all, not even a banner (but it still shows in Device Manager).

I have uninstalled all the new Brother printer driver & utilities programs (again) and rebooted (again). I also turned off MS XPS print services from Programs and Features, just in case. In Device Manager, I clicked ‘Show hidden devices’ and found
    three instances of the old printer plus the old Prolific Parallel – USB adapter cable (now returned & refunded). All these were ghosted out but I uninstalled all of them anyway.

I checked ‘spooling’ in ‘Services’ and this is set to ‘Automatic’ (and is ‘Running’).

These posts did not help:

1)

Windows 10 - Epson C88+ not showing in devices and printers

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update the drivers for printer in Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter
    Step 3: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

2)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17420/windows-printer-problems

= ‘Fix printer problems’ on MS Support

I do not understand why I’m having so many problems but am desperate for help – please!

Chris

ChrisOfTheOT, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Setttings > devices > Printers broken view

Printer error

Hi,

I suggest you to run in-built Printer troubleshooter and check. Refer to the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Printer to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Setttings > devices > Printers broken view

1. Setttings > devices > Printers broken view - Similar Threads - Setttings devices Printers

2. Task View Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task View Broken: I’ve been having problems with my task view button when i used the task view shortcut it just refreshes my wallpaper and when i simply touch the task view button with my mouse it does the same thing ive had the pc for about a year and a half but it recent broke about 5 months...
  3. Task View Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View Broken: I’ve been having problems with my task view button when i used the task view shortcut it just refreshes my wallpaper and when i simply touch the task view button with my mouse it does the same thing ive had the pc for about a year and a half but it recent broke about 5 months...
  4. Broken Printer Que

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken Printer Que: How do I fix the Broken printer que from Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-printer-que/9c318c99-e9cf-413a-89c5-6d5301ba9a9d
  5. Broken device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken device: Hi i broke my device and its registered to microsoft account but the bitlocker is off.i also saw that my one drive didnt save all my files. Can i still access my files on the registered device of microsoft account? Or there is no hope for that. No back up except my MS...
  6. Presentation setttings missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Presentation setttings missing: When I open the Mobility Center, it offers options to set brightness, volume, battery, external display, and sync, but not presentation settings. How do I turn that on?...
  7. Energy viewing device. Quick Access workflow broken need a history

in Windows 10 Support
    Energy viewing device. Quick Access workflow broken need a history: Quick Access no longer places the most recent added item on the bottom. So I made a folder called zzz000aaa and I put my shortcuts in it. But for some reason it did not show up at the bottom of quick access. win 10 1903 18362.295 I wish they would develop a device that...
  8. Setttings

Setttings: ok, so sometimes when i am using my laptop, it randoming just locks and hibernates, how do i fix this? plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setttings/a1571d16-49dd-4f07-823f-62d89d4c8a3c
  9. sett a default program

sett a default program: How do I change a default settings to start different program from the one windows has set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sett-a-default-program/be43c6d8-e710-4e31-ad7d-3e38c2501d88
  10. Nice article on Setttings Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Nice article on Setttings Menu: Fairly basic but seemly complete overview on on the Settings Menu for Windows 10, hopefully a little tidbit in here might help somebody. http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/control...ettings-guide/ TC *Smile 22222