Windows 10: Setup Backup on Backup and Restore Windows 7 not running when clicked

Discus and support Setup Backup on Backup and Restore Windows 7 not running when clicked in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning, hoping someone could help me with the above. As the title says, whenever I click on setup backup it briefly shows the blue spinning wheel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexRegimbald, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Setup Backup on Backup and Restore Windows 7 not running when clicked

Good morning, hoping someone could help me with the above. As the title says, whenever I click on setup backup it briefly shows the blue spinning wheel and then stops without executing. There is no error message. I've tried adjusting settings, checking the event viewer to see if there's anything logged there wasn't and even re-installed Windows 10 and still am unable to use this feature. Please note I am also already in the administrator profile so that is not the cause.

I seem to have a few other issues with running similar administrator-only programs where they behave the same way so I'm thinking the issue is the same for all of them. Can anyone assist? I'm currently using file history for my backups but it does not allow you to set specific times for your backups.

Thank you.

:)

AlexRegimbald, Feb 19, 2020

2. Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Windows 7 Backup question

Hi, I have Windows 7 x64 HP. I've used the backup and restore feature to backup on an external drive, and I've also burned a copy of the restore software that it wished me to burn onto a CD. My question is, if ever my PC fails or something and I need to restore my files, will I need anything beyond the external drive and the backup CD? Or will I need the original OS CD as well? I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista but I don't have my Vista disc anymore (lost it a long time ago), which basically means the Windows 7 upgrade disc shouldn't work either (to be honest, I haven't touched the disc in nearly a year so I don't really know where the W7 update disc is either :/). Thanks.

runevirage, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Setup Backup on Backup and Restore Windows 7 not running when clicked

Reliable backup software for Windows 7?

Here's one good reason why not: no verify option for the backup. Imagine your surprise when you try to restore your data, only to find that it's corrupted. *Cry :cry:

Static~Charge, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Setup Backup on Backup and Restore Windows 7 not running when clicked

1. Setup Backup on Backup and Restore Windows 7 not running when clicked - Similar Threads - Setup Backup Backup

2. Backup and Restore Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore Windows 7: HiMy Windows is 11 x64 latest version, When I want use Backup and Restore Windows 7, my Drive F: is also selected by default to backup and I can not deselect it why this happed?! I want just backup my drive C: because the backup size is too large with drivce F:...
  3. Backup and Restore Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore Windows 7: Why does Control Panel Backup and Restore show Windows 7?. I have a desktop with Windows 11 and Microsoft. Am I going to have a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore-windows-7/ffb8d8b9-02e6-40fa-9373-25dd94f803bb
  4. Backup and Restore Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup and Restore Windows 7: I have the Backup and Restore Windows 7 set to backup every day and I see that it creates a new folder each day. If I wanted to restore, am I correct that everything on my SSD would be erased system files, programs and data and replaced by the info from the Backup and Restore...
  5. Windows 7 Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Backup and Restore: It is my understanding that the Windows 7 Backup and Restore is no longer supported, in Windows 10. It's a shame because this was a simple yet robust backup of a Windows 7 then Windows 10 system.Can anyone recommend a 3rd party app that will feature backups to an external...
  6. Windows 7 Backup and Restore

Windows 7 Backup and Restore: It is my understanding that the Windows 7 Backup and Restore is no longer supported, in Windows 10. It's a shame because this was a simple yet robust backup of a Windows 7 then Windows 10 system.Can anyone recommend a 3rd party app that will feature backups to an external...
  7. Windows 7 Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows 7 backup & restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 backup & restore: Why do you use Windows 7 for backup & restore? 7 seems so out of date and I'm having a problem with it reading the Flash drive in it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-backup-restore/188f750b-188d-435d-af8f-159f500286db
  9. Windows 7 backup/restore

Windows 7 backup/restore: I use this backup option on weekdays. Unfortunately the app does not allow skipping weekend days. Is there a way to automatically limit backups to weekdays? Thanks for any help....
  10. Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore (Windows 7): My PC originally came with XP (OEM). My upgrade procedure was to install an SSD and load 8.1 on that. When booting for the first time, I was surprised but pleased to see that I had the choice of 8.1 or XP. Subsequently, I opted to upgrade to Win 10 and that worked in the same...