Windows 10: Setup could not install boot critical drivers

Discus and support Setup could not install boot critical drivers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On clean install of windows 10 immidiately after Setup begins getmessage--Windows Setup could nt install one or more boot critical drivers. To install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cubarey1, Oct 4, 2016.

1. cubarey1 Win User

Setup could not install boot critical drivers

On clean install of windows 10 immidiately after Setup begins getmessage--Windows Setup could nt install one or more boot critical drivers. To install WINDOWS, make sure that the drivers are valid and restart installation.-- How do I proceed? How doItell which drivers have failed to install and how do Idetermine if they are valid?

:)

cubarey1, Oct 4, 2016
  2. ErdwinJC Win User

Windows 10 installation problem,

booting off store bought usb drive and keep getting this... " Windows setup could not install one or more boot-critical drivers. To install windows, make sure that the drivers are valid, and restart the installation. " what the **** does that mean??
    Does anyone know how i can get this windows 10 64 bit home installed? It is going on a samsing 850 pro 250Gb ssd. intel i5-6600 with an asus z170m-plus motherboard.

ErdwinJC, Oct 4, 2016
  3. All System32 drivers are suddenly unsigned in Windows 10

I had very similar symptoms, could boot only with the "Disable drivers signature enforcement" option.

I was able to recover it permanently without full install. Described in detail on the link below, required to copy missing files from another similar Win10 setup.

Been working and rebooting fine for a few days, now waiting for the next major windows update to see how it goes. Meantime, working fine.

detail:

Recovering
    from Windows 10 boot Blue Screen, Critical Service Failed, Disable drivers signature enforcement, Unsigned Drivers

Rui Quintino, Oct 4, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Are you booting the computer from a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or a DVD?

If it is a USB flash drive this is what I would try (I use an 8GB flash drive):

Make a bootable USB flash of Kyhi's recovery drive:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Download a fresh Windows 10 ISO file and save the ISO file itself (just copy the ISO file) to the same flash drive. If your network is available when booted from Kyhi's recovery drive, you can even just use that to download the Windows 10 ISO file:
    Windows 10 ISO

Boot the computer into Kyhi's recovery drive, use File Explorer to mount the Windows 10 ISO file. Run setup.exe when the virtual DVD drive letter appears from mounting the ISO file.

If you can only boot from DVD you can do basically the same thing. Make 1 DVD of Kyhi's recovery drive. Make a second DVD with either the Windows 10 ISO file itself saved on it or burned as an image contained in the ISO file. Boot the computer from Kyhi's recovery DVD. When that is up and running you can swap out the DVD for one with Windows 10 on it. Either mount the ISO file on the second DVD or run setup.exe on the second DVD.

I like to do it this way because Kyhi's recovery drive has a lot of tools on it you can use to backup and restore your computer with and in order to keep the Windows 10 installation portion of it updated, if you are using a USB flash drive, all you have to do is replace the Windows 10 ISO file - one file to copy over instead of having to burn a whole new image.

NavyLCDR, Oct 4, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    Did you used NLITE ?, it's the only time i've seen this .... I used a nlite'd win10 for ICHR10 on a Win10 X99 system, it sounds like you don't have the Correct SSD/HDD Controller Drivers (Sata/Raid) on the Disk so setup can't find anywhere to install too or Boot from. (UEFI Bios's use the Windows Boot Manager)

KB.

Kbird, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Setup could not install boot critical drivers - Similar Threads - Setup install boot

2. Can you boot Windows Setup with drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you boot Windows Setup with drivers?: I am trying to install Windows a very clean way. Just wanted to know that if I can boot the Windows Setup which I believe is built on Windows PE, with drivers. I tried injecting drivers into the ISO, but the Setup does not start with those drivers....
  3. Can you boot Windows Setup with drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you boot Windows Setup with drivers?: I am trying to install Windows a very clean way. Just wanted to know that if I can boot the Windows Setup which I believe is built on Windows PE, with drivers. I tried injecting drivers into the ISO, but the Setup does not start with those drivers....
  4. Cart/Horse problem. Injecting drivers as boot critical.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cart/Horse problem. Injecting drivers as boot critical.: Windows 10 Version 1909. Latest Public ADK a/o this post date. In addition to the standard method of using dism to inject drivers to sysprep'd image, how does one 'promote' that driver to early boot or what MS used to call boot critical? This for an iscsi project where I am...
  5. Critical driver is missing while booting usb drive

Critical driver is missing while booting usb drive: There was a problem with my laptop . I tried to install new window 8.1 through usb drive and an error 0xc00000098 was showing up saying critical driver is missing ... I tried many methods like repairing my windows etc but error occurs on booting usb thats why i cant repair...
  6. Could not install the sound driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not install the sound driver: Sir, I could not install the realtek audio driver for my pc windows 10. And the error code is 0x803FB005. How can i fix this. If you are helping me i will be very grateful to you....
  7. Question about adding boot critical drivers to an unattended install

Question about adding boot critical drivers to an unattended install: Let's say that I have a storage driver that I need for the successful installation of Windows. During a manual installation of Windows I know that I can manually load additional drivers. However, if I want to perform an unattended install I'm assuming that I would need to...
  8. The operating system could not be loaded because a critical driver is missing or contains...

The operating system could not be loaded because a critical driver is missing or contains...: I am using a hp omen laptop and it came preloaded with windows 10. Yesterday an update was downloaded and I chose the option 'update and shut down' .I saw the progress upto 30% and then I went out. When I returned and switched my laptop on it started asking for repair....
  9. Could not install Intel chipset driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Could not install Intel chipset driver: Audio not working, power management not working probably due to missing chipset driver The device manager not showing chipset information [img] The output from Speccy shows that I have Intel chipset [img] I tried installing Intel official drivers Download Intel®...
  10. Installing Dell Drivers: installation package could not be opened

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing Dell Drivers: installation package could not be opened: Further to my thread regarding removing the crapware on my new Dell: https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...-crapware.html I've done a clean install, and want to install some drivers from the Dell web site. I've downloaded the files, but if I try to extract or install...