Windows 10: "Setup decompression failure" when trying to install a program - Win 10 2021

Discus and support "Setup decompression failure" when trying to install a program - Win 10 2021 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there, I have an exe file to install, and it gives me a "setup decompression failure" in the InstallAware wizard when I try to run it. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by srkdt, Feb 13, 2021.

1. srkdt Win User

"Setup decompression failure" when trying to install a program - Win 10 2021

Hello there,

I have an exe file to install, and it gives me a "setup decompression failure" in the InstallAware wizard when I try to run it.

I have searched for solutions everywhere including here, every solution given I've tried, including:

- running the exe as administrator

- making sure I have enough space in my temp folder

- deleting a file or folder called "mia1" and every other file deletable in the temp folder

- disk cleanup with the Windows tool

- installing the program after a clean boot

- set the environment variable of my temp folder to a location where I'd have space/access Desktop in my case

- create a new user on the computer and install under that user

- installed windows on my macbook bootcamp - same problem

Apparently it is a problem with InstallAware, that tries to make a folder called "mia1" in the temp folder during install. It indeed creates a folder called mia1 or mia2, 3, ... if i try multiple times in a row in my temp folder everytime I try to run it. Deleting that folder doesn't work.

I have enough space, windows up to date, no anti-virus except windows defender running. Use this laptop mainly for my engineering studies, I don't have any weird software installed on it. Lenovo thinkpad p1 gen2

This is a simulation program we're supposed to use for uni, 20 of my 22 classmates have installed it. I'm a little desperate at this point, any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

srkdt, Feb 13, 2021

2. setup resource decompression failure

I am trying to install a program and I keep getting the error message "setup resource decompression failure". Disk space is not an issue, so what else can I do to resolve this issue? I am running Win10 & the installer is Installaware.

Thanks,

DouglasBridge, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Andy-LW Win User
    setup resource decompression failure

This can happen with an installer if it's based on InstallAware. One thing to check is if there's a file in your Temp folder called "mia1" -- InstallAware installers try to create a *folder* by the same and if there is a file there by that name they throw
    the "setup resource decompression failure". If you find that file, delete it and re-run your setup.

Andy-LW, Feb 13, 2021
  4. "Setup decompression failure" when trying to install a program - Win 10 2021

I am getting a "setup resource decompression failure" from the Installware wizard. How do I fix this?

I need to reinstall a program and I am getting a "setup resource decompression failure" message from the Installware wizard. I cannot uninstall or reinstall the program.

Mary Alyce, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

"Setup decompression failure" when trying to install a program - Win 10 2021

1. "Setup decompression failure" when trying to install a program - Win 10 2021 - Similar Threads - Setup decompression failure

2. When trying to install certain programs....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to install certain programs....: After downloading programs from the Microsoft store, I get an error message when trying to install said program "such n such has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution the problem after checking/searching A problem causes the program to stop working correctly....
  3. When trying to install certain programs....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to install certain programs....: After downloading programs from the Microsoft store, I get an error message when trying to install said program "such n such has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution the problem after checking/searching A problem causes the program to stop working correctly....
  4. Windows 10 Installation Setup Failure In 72%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation Setup Failure In 72%: Good Day! Please Someone Tell Me How To Fix "Windows 10 Installation Setup Failed" During The Installation Of W10 ON 72% I Was Really Upset Because Of How long it took to the setup Im Using The Media Creation Tool! :...
  5. Windows 10 Installation Setup Failure In 72%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation Setup Failure In 72%: Good Day! Please Someone Tell Me How To Fix "Windows 10 Installation Setup Failed" During The Installation Of W10 ON 72% I Was Really Upset Because Of How long it took to the setup Im Using The Media Creation Tool! :...
  6. Windows 10 Installation Setup Failure In 72%

7. I am still trying to install a program to Win 10

I am still trying to install a program to Win 10: I have posted several times and under two titles, "Old program work on Win 10" and "Revive question".I have tried to post a screen shot to the post with no luck, I will try again. My id is JS3278. Thanks for all the help, but the solution is still escaping me.Jim S.Below the...
  8. Setup Resource Decompression Failure on Windows Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Setup Resource Decompression Failure on Windows Pro: Greetings, I am trying to install some programs on my Windows 10 Laptop and each time I get this Setup Failure. The only way to successfully install is to login using the Hidden Administrator. Thus, I believe the issue is related to a security permissions problem. As...
  9. I am getting a "setup resource decompression failure" from the Installware wizard.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am getting a "setup resource decompression failure" from the Installware wizard.: I've tried clean the temp folder, perform a clean boot, delete the mia file located in appdata folder. still cannot install. how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-a-setup-resource-decompression/87924673-ee46-4028-937a-ef115a7d5f0e
  10. Trying to follow @NavyLCDR directions to setup a WinPE/Win 10 Install

Trying to follow @NavyLCDR directions to setup a WinPE/Win 10 Install: NavyLCDR said: [img] I created a 6 GB FAT32 partition at the end of my second HDD. I mounted a Windows 10 installation ISO file and then copied all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the 6 GB partition. Then I mounted Kyhi's Recovery Tools ISO file and...