Windows 10: Setup does not support installation from USB or IEEE 1394 port

Discus and support Setup does not support installation from USB or IEEE 1394 port in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]This article lists some solutions that will help you fix Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Setup does not support USB or IEEE 1394 port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 14, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

Setup does not support installation from USB or IEEE 1394 port

Setup does not support installation from USB or IEEE 1394 port [​IMG]
    This article lists some solutions that will help you fix Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Setup does not support USB or IEEE 1394 port error while installing Windows 11/10. This error usually occurs while installing Windows OS on an external hard drive. However, some users also encountered this error while installing Windows 11/10 […]

This article Setup does not support installation from USB or IEEE 1394 port first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 14, 2023

2. Windows 10 setup does not support configuration of or installation to disks through a USB or IEEE 1394 port

My laptop is Asus x550c, and after some intense gaming, the slot for the HDD is broken, ergo my only option is via USB.

I have a USB with Windows10 and Samsung 860 pro SSD.

Through my installation, the error "Windows 10 setup does not support configuration of or installation to disks through a USB or IEEE 1394 port" appears and I can't seem to find an answer.

Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks in advance!

NikitasSimos, May 14, 2023
  3. Windows 10 setup does not support configuration of or installation to disks through a USB or IEEE 1394 port

Hello, the reason you are getting this error is because windows does not allow the installation of windows on external drivers.

The only way to do it is to jump through some hoops regarding partitioning or maybe you are picking the wrong disk to install on I.E the USB and instead need to install it on your SSD assuming its internal.

Install Windows 10 on USB External Hard Disk on MAC/PC:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/...

Zackary Vanosdol, May 14, 2023
  4. Setup does not support installation from USB or IEEE 1394 port

Windows 10 setup does not support configuration of or installation to disks through a USB or IEEE 1394 port

Hi Nikitas:

Sorry to hear you are having issues. My name is Frank and I am a community member just like you.

What do you mean with:

"Windows 10 setup does not support configuration of or installation to disks through a USB or IEEE 1394 port"

Are you trying to install Windows?

Typical installation methods are from:

Download from the Microsoft site

Install from USB

Install from CD

You can also copy the installer files to a temporary folder on your computer's "C" drive or local drive and run it from there.

Am I missing something from your problem description?

Hope this helps.

FranklinLopez-Henriquez, May 14, 2023
Thema:

Setup does not support installation from USB or IEEE 1394 port

1. Setup does not support installation from USB or IEEE 1394 port - Similar Threads - Setup does support

2. how do I activate my ieee 1394 port in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I activate my ieee 1394 port in Windows 11: I have an ieee 1394 port installed on my Desktop Windows 11/64 bit. How do I get the appropriate drivers for it to recognize my Sony digital camera?...
  3. how do I activate my ieee 1394 port in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I activate my ieee 1394 port in Windows 11: I have an ieee 1394 port installed on my Desktop Windows 11/64 bit. How do I get the appropriate drivers for it to recognize my Sony digital camera?...
  4. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  5. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  6. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Unable to install IEEE 1394 legacy driver on Windows 10

Unable to install IEEE 1394 legacy driver on Windows 10: I have a MSI PE70 6QE and i've been trying to instal the IEEE 1394 legacy driver but it simply wont show on the device manager. The instalation also seem too quick, dunno if its related. It takes literaly half a second then it stops. ***Moved from Windows 10 / Install &...
  8. IEEE 1394 Laptop Instal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IEEE 1394 Laptop Instal: I have a MSI PE70 6QE and i've been trying to instal the IEEE 1394 legacy driver but it simply wont show on the device manager. The instalation also seem too quick, dunno if its related. It takes literaly half a second then it stops....
  9. Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?

Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?: Hello I have a Nikon Coolscan (Firewire connexion) that worked fine with Windows 7 I changed for a new computer with Windows 7 - 64 bits and my former IEEE 1394 Firewire adapter did not work anymore (no driver available) I searched on the web and found an adapter by Startech...
  10. IEEE 1394 Host Controller issue

IEEE 1394 Host Controller issue: Win 10 Pro 64bit free upgrade. I ungradedmy home build PC Win 7, Ultimate OS, ( retail ), using the free Win 10 OS ISO. I bit the bullet and did a fresh install, wiped everything, just a clean install of Win 10 Pro, this went without a hitch although some minor issues...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot be installed to this disk setup does not support usb or ieee 1394

2. setup does not support configuration of or installation

3. setup does not support configuration usb or ieee 1394 port