Windows 10: setup.exe has stopped working

Discus and support setup.exe has stopped working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello ! After installation of Windows 10 1511. When I try to run an ISO image, I receive this message : setup.exe has stopped working and close the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by iuta, Dec 2, 2015.

1. iuta Win User

setup.exe has stopped working

Hello !
    After installation of Windows 10 1511.
    When I try to run an ISO image, I receive this message : setup.exe has stopped working
    and close the program.
    Also I was receiving the error : Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working.
    How can I fix these problems ?
    Thanks you in advance!

:)

iuta, Dec 2, 2015

2. LaunchAnyWhere has stopped working

I am using Windows 10. Trying to install Abaqus6143. When I run the setup.exe it says 'LaunchAnyWhere has stopped working' and exists the program.

Please suggest any solution for windows 10. I didn't have any problem while installing it on Windows 8.

Thanks

PratikKanade, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Your System administrator has blocked this program

I had the same problem installing an application (mindmanager) . I found that that the installer first extracts to this location

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\setup.exe

If you try and manually run setup.exe here you will see the same message "your system administrator has blocked this program"

Move the setup file to a different location (I used Desktop) and that then worked fine.

prime suspect is anti-virus stopping executables from a temp folder - my support team are looking into it.

Paul McGeady, Dec 2, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, welcome to tenforums. Umm... could you clarify exactly what you're doing with the ISO, what software you are using to 'run' it, and what the ISO is for? Thanks!

E.g. have you mounted it, opened it with a compression program, ....

dalchina, Dec 2, 2015
  5. iuta Win User
    I installed Windows 10 Pro fresh copy , for first time same ISO image , it is work very good.
    I tried other ISO images to eliminate suspicions, same error.
    I tried with Daemon Tools, Power ISO, Explorer Drive Tools, WinCDEmu ,WinRAR same error.
    I assume that an upgrade is not working OK,conflict something,but I do not have installation errors.

iuta, Dec 3, 2015
  6. I have this problem too. *Sad

Gelashvili, May 27, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Noted exactly this query posted here:
    setup.exe has stopped working | Windows Forum

Are you using a Windows iso for the same 'bittedness' (32 bits or 64 bits) as your installed OS?
    You say:
    - so as you have the latest public build installed, which Win 10 build are you installing from an ISO? Are you an Insider?

Your OS build shown above (10586.17) is quite a way behind.. currently it's 10586.318
    And the date shown is 2015...?? So it's a little unlikely your Windows is up to date...

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. setup.exe has stopped working - Similar Threads - setup exe has

2. exe file has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe file has stopped working: Hello. I am using windows 7 64 bit. I have a program called FinderOuter. When I run it, it gives an error: FinderOuter.exe has stopped working. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file-has-stopped-working/ed42f5fd-e9c5-4f3d-b3b4-8d083d84f26b
  3. exe file has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe file has stopped working: Hello. I am using windows 7 64 bit. I have a program called FinderOuter. When I run it, it gives an error: FinderOuter.exe has stopped working. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file-has-stopped-working/ed42f5fd-e9c5-4f3d-b3b4-8d083d84f26b
  4. BF2.exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BF2.exe has stopped working: i recently installed bf2 and bf2 special force tried to launch it and i got this error message==========================================================BF2.exe - has stopped working ==========================================================i already tried DEP solution and it...
  5. BF2.exe has stopped working

BF2.exe has stopped working: i recently installed bf2 and bf2 special force tried to launch it and i got this error message==========================================================BF2.exe - has stopped working ==========================================================i already tried DEP solution and it...
  6. Helper. exe has stopped working

Helper. exe has stopped working: Hello. I always get Helper.exe had stopped working error.. This always pop up 2 by 2 after few seconds..please help so i can get rid of this issue. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helper-exe-has-stopped-working/0fb6314c-a20b-43ea-9065-62b03bf30725
  7. Helper. exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helper. exe has stopped working: Hello. I always get Helper.exe had stopped working error.. This always pop up 2 by 2 after few seconds..please help so i can get rid of this issue. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helper-exe-has-stopped-working/0fb6314c-a20b-43ea-9065-62b03bf30725
  8. Modern Setup Host Has Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Modern Setup Host Has Stopped Working: hi, I am kunal.while i am upgrading to windows 11 through iso then while installation suddenly this line appears "Modern Setup Host Has Stopped Working" and installation cancelled. Please help....
  9. Setup/Uninstall has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setup/Uninstall has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working...: Please help me fix this problem... Setup/Uninstall has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. i am installing Call of duty modern warfare 2 then this...
  10. Gears5.exe has stopped working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears5.exe has stopped working Windows 10: I continue to get this in Gears 5. My drivers are up to date and my system meets the requirements. Sometimes it happens 3 minutes in, sometimes 3 hours. Wave 42 in Horde and it happened earlier. I Google and Google and cannot find anything on this specific problem. There are...