Windows 10: Setup.exe was opening with internet explorer

Discus and support Setup.exe was opening with internet explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to install an app but when i first downloaded it , it asked which app to use i accidentally clicked internet explorer now i cant use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gooierwheat, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Setup.exe was opening with internet explorer

I wanted to install an app but when i first downloaded it , it asked which app to use i accidentally clicked internet explorer now i cant use the setup.exe file because it always opens in internet explorer.

:)

Gooierwheat, Sep 9, 2020

2. Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Internet Explorer won't open

Hi,

• If you cannot start Internet Explorer, you can open the settings window by pressing Windows Key + R, typing "inetcpl.cpl" in the Run box, and then pressing Enter. After the
      window is open, follow the steps that are described in the "How to reset Internet Explorer settings" section.
    If above steps failed to solve.

• Try to create new user account and then open IE.

Or

• Try clean installation method to reset your system.

VinOth_VingO, Sep 9, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Setup.exe was opening with internet explorer

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Setup.exe was opening with internet explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Setup.exe was opening with internet explorer

1. Setup.exe was opening with internet explorer - Similar Threads - Setup exe was

2. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  3. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  4. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Setup exe's won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup exe's won't open: I've been having trouble getting programs setup, I've been trying to run setups for some programs and it won't let me telling me there is an error or some random stuff. Also some apps on my PC got deleted and couldn't be reinstalled. I was having hard drive issues before but...
  6. Setup exe's won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Setup exe's won't open: I've been having trouble getting programs setup, I've been trying to run setups for some programs and it won't let me telling me there is an error or some random stuff. Also some apps on my PC got deleted and couldn't be reinstalled. I was having hard drive issues before but...
  7. Setup exe's won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. exe flies opening as internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exe flies opening as internet explorer: when I open some files they open up as internet explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-flies-opening-as-internet-explorer/c6ce8665-e1ec-4933-a31d-b2adf86ff413
  9. Internet explorer will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer will not open: I have suddenly found that IE will not open. When you click on it to open you get the working circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I have tried using a different user account on the same PC, I have run SFC /scannow which reports no errors, I have also checked in...
  10. Open with Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Open with Internet Explorer: I have 1 desktop and 2 All In Ones which I am trying to configure to W10. I just changed the desktop to IE using the switch under the three dots where it says open with IE. I tried to do the same with this AIO and that switch doesn't work. I attempted to reset the default...