Windows 10: Setup family account for my kids

Discus and support Setup family account for my kids in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I set up my daughter Jade Mercer under the family Microsoft account her email address is Jadeelisemercer.gmail.com however when we try to sign in it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RayMercer1, May 18, 2020.

1. Setup family account for my kids

I set up my daughter Jade Mercer under the family Microsoft account her email address is Jadeelisemercer.gmail.com however when we try to sign in it says that ithe email does not exist. What has happened here as it's definitely been registered. And confirm email sent.

Please help?

:)

RayMercer1, May 18, 2020
  2. haffy Win User

Kids user accounts and family settings

Thanks for the links.

I want to create the kids family accounts but it forces you to assign /create an email even after selecting no email . then trying to enter something that is similar to their name doesnt work either as i get errors 'part of reserved domain' even when i put total random characters.

All i want to do is add the existing local kids accounts to the family list but it doesn't let me do that without assigning them an email? Is this correct?

This new MS stuff sucks its just not that straightforward and they are trying to force you into email accounts when you dont want one.

haffy, May 18, 2020
  3. haffy Win User

Ive tried this and no matter what i enter it gives an error, as below...

Setup family account for my kids [​IMG]

haffy, May 18, 2020
  4. haffy Win User

Setup family account for my kids

Ive upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10.

I had 2 adult local accounts and 2 kids local accounts. I also have the 1 Microsoft account.

I don't want to use the Microsoft account signin on my laptop I want to use my local.

Is there a way to assign the existing local kids accounts to family without having to create new ones ? The kids are worried that if I do this they will lose their existing apps/game settings on the local accounts.

haffy, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Setup family account for my kids

1. Setup family account for my kids - Similar Threads - Setup family account

2. Trying to add my kids account to Family Account but it keeps erroring out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to add my kids account to Family Account but it keeps erroring out: I have tried to add my kids account to the Family Account. I have gone all the way to the end but it keeps saying "Pending Member" and when I click on accept invite from email, it says "Invitation has expired." I tried adding password and it says they belong to other family...
  3. My Family's Account is "Unavailable", my kids can't log on to their laptops!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Family's Account is "Unavailable", my kids can't log on to their laptops!: Nothing changed, everything was working this afternoon. My son did some chores, came back, asked if he could have more time. I open the Family Safety App, I get an upside-down ice cream cone with an error to try again. I log online, same error. I try to log on to the laptop...
  4. My Family's Account is "Unavailable", my kids can't log on to their laptops!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Family's Account is "Unavailable", my kids can't log on to their laptops!: Nothing changed, everything was working this afternoon. My son did some chores, came back, asked if he could have more time. I open the Family Safety App, I get an upside-down ice cream cone with an error to try again. I log online, same error. I try to log on to the laptop...
  5. My Family's Account is "Unavailable", my kids can't log on to their laptops!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  6. I can't add kids to my family account.

I can't add kids to my family account.: I'm trying to add kids to my Family Profile. I can't get past this error message no matter how many times I try. "Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while."...
  7. Help reset family account - kids password

Help reset family account - kids password: Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password. I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it anywhere else. all the forums only mention about using recovery form to rest password.. which is total BS form as there are so...
  8. Family account setting for kids - set hours

Family account setting for kids - set hours: I'm trying to change the settings of the hours my kids can use the computer. Currently it is set to 6:30-21:30 Every time I try to change it I get a screen saying sorry something went wrong with an trace id like: TraceId: 4hRRRny/cEKPs0MY.3.17.70...
  9. Download apps purchased by kid accounts in family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download apps purchased by kid accounts in family: I used the family function to link my two Microsoft accounts since one had an app code redeemed on it but I set it as a child account since I don't use it anymore. Can I download the app in question (bought with the old/child account) to my PC which is connected to my new...
  10. Kids user accounts and family settings

Kids user accounts and family settings: Ive upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10. I had 2 adult local accounts and 2 kids local accounts. I also have the 1 Microsoft account. I don't want to use the Microsoft account signin on my laptop I want to use my local. Is there a way to assign the existing local kids...