Windows 10: Setup for network storage

Discus and support Setup for network storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just been give a Sandisk Extreme SSD storage device. I wanted to use it to automatically backup my 2 computers on my network. I plugged it into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by john3650, Aug 10, 2020.

1. john3650 Win User

Setup for network storage

I have just been give a Sandisk Extreme SSD storage device. I wanted to use it to automatically backup my 2 computers on my network.
    I plugged it into the USB socket on the back of my BT home hub 6 router, and it shows as usb device.
    My question is, how to I get the 2 computers to access it for auto backups? My previous backup device showed with an IP number so it was OK, but how do I do it with this?
    Any help appreciated
    Thank You

:)

john3650, Aug 10, 2020

2. Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 10, 2020
  3. crabini Win User
    This is NEW? Storage Card Tab with >Network<tab?

yes, if you goto the "Settings" then, "System" tab then , "Memory" then "Storage Card" tab then you have four choices;

One is; "Storage Card". Two is "iPaq File Store" and three; "Network" of which I found out is Memory setup thru Network on a "Network Computer" of which I am still trying to find out how to setup?
    This new option came when I upgraded to new and latest "Activesync 4.5.0 build 5098" I am looking for a step by step info.

The number four option has a tab which says "Memory" only?

Detailed descriptions on tabs; 1st "iPaq File Store" which I have 8.35mb of 12.56mb in use.

2nd is "Storage Card" which I have a 4gb SD card and list 3087.1mb used of 3813.53 and 726.32mb Free.

3rd is "Network" 0.0mb in use and 0.0mb Free, because I don’t have a "Network drive" associated yet.

4th is "Memory" and is blank? And I have yet to determine how and what this is?

Any info on "Network" and "Memory" tab would be appreciated.

Thank you

crabini, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Setup for network storage - Similar Threads - Setup network storage

2. How to setup a warning for low storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setup a warning for low storage?: Dear Windows Experts,When I am running out of storage, things mysteriously start to malfunction. Usually it takes me a while before I find out that the problem is that I am running out of storage. I would like to set up an alarm/warning when I have less than 200 Gb free. I...
  3. How to setup a warning for low storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to setup a warning for low storage?: Dear Windows Experts,When I am running out of storage, things mysteriously start to malfunction. Usually it takes me a while before I find out that the problem is that I am running out of storage. I would like to set up an alarm/warning when I have less than 200 Gb free. I...
  4. home network setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home network setup: About the 5th time I've attempted to reestablish wireless connection from my desktop pc to my laptop, and also laptop to printer thru desktop. It used to work fine, now I can access desktop thru LT but can't even see LP from DT. Web and windows support seems to go in endless...
  5. Small Network Setup

Small Network Setup: I have a router and a switch. They are connected to each other. I have 3 computers: C1, C2, C3. C1 connects to router via wireless. C2 and C3 connects to switch. Some computers use fixed IP. I can use Windows Explorer shared folder to connect between C2 and C3. I...
  6. Local network setup

Local network setup: How to set up a local network in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-network-setup/b7189aa5-5f0e-4040-aeea-f423ecc7c5a4
  7. Storage space dissappeared after setup

Storage space dissappeared after setup: This acer laptop had linux. I put windows 10 on a usb and booted it on it so i can use it with win 10 instead. In the process i think i deleted disk partitions. Long story short i have a fresh laptop with win 10 and 57gb space on local disk c and no other drives or storage....
  8. Setup network

Setup network: How do I network a pc thats connected to a cabel modem, to a lap top that is connected to a wifi that is connected to the cabel modem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-network/17b7b2d0-c1a0-4dd1-9a0a-594d05c64593
  9. Storage setup with a SSD and HDD

Storage setup with a SSD and HDD: Hi I have just purchased an HP Pavillion Desktop with a 256GB SSD and 2TB HDD, I have initialised windows, choosing to use OneDrive for backup and storage I have 1TB cloud storage with 365 and also updated windows and drivers. I have not transferred any data from my old pc...
  10. network setup name

network setup name: when I set up my network I didn't get to name it. how do I change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-setup-name/c7db09b8-f504-42e2-b527-7d27b4d04578