Windows 10: Setup for various applications open and then crash instantly. Help!

Discus and support Setup for various applications open and then crash instantly. Help! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Windows 10 1909 version. My PC Specs- Hp pavillion g6,8GB ddr4 Ram, i3 6006u @2.0Ghz, 1TB HDD storage, 2gb Intel HD graphics card.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TURBO821, Aug 3, 2020.

1. TURBO821 Win User

Setup for various applications open and then crash instantly. Help!

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 1909 version.

My PC Specs- Hp pavillion g6,8GB ddr4 Ram, i3 6006u @2.0Ghz, 1TB HDD storage, 2gb Intel HD graphics card.

My laptop recently crashed and i faced the BSOD ,so i had to reset everything including my personal files on this pc.

After the reset, I switched on my laptop. Everything worked fine. Then I tried installing some games and apps.

I downloaded their setups. When I tried opening the setup, the setup would just open and flash for a second and then crashed instantly without giving a message. I tried installing previous versions of those apps but they too failed. After searching online for solutions, I updated my windows update from 1607 to 1909, and then again tried opening the setups, And they did not open, again :

Please help me as I am not able to install any apps or games. >_<

:)

TURBO821, Aug 3, 2020

2. Command prompt open and crash instantly.

Command prompt open and crash instantly. I tried run it as admin and result is same can somebody help ?

JakubSchneider, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Hearthstone open beta

... is now open!

No wait, that's not the word.

The word is ASS.

Step 1. Download the client installer.

Step 2. The installer connects to the server, or at least tries to, overnight during which it just stops several times.

Step 3. Realize the installer is for the Battle.net unified launcher, and not Hearthstone as such.

Step 4. Install the Battle.net unified launcher. This may take a few hours, even after it's been downloaded as such, it's still just slow.

Step 4. Install Hearthstone. Wait for the app to crash a couple of times, wait for it to verify various stuff, then wait for the download to start.

Step 5. Wait for the download to finish. It is pretty quick actually, unless it just crashes.

Step 6. ASS

And no, I still have no compassion for the people bitching about EA servers.

Frick, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Setup for various applications open and then crash instantly. Help! - Similar Threads - Setup various applications

2. Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes: I keep having an issue with visual studio setup. Whenever I launch it it just crashes with no error box but I was able to find an error in Event Viewer and these are the errors:...
  3. Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes: I keep having an issue with visual studio setup. Whenever I launch it it just crashes with no error box but I was able to find an error in Event Viewer and these are the errors:...
  4. Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening: The Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening I tried WSReset but I got this. AND any Microsoft apps e.g Photos Will also crash everytime its opened. can anyone help me?...
  6. Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening: The Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening I tried WSReset but I got this. AND any Microsoft apps e.g Photos Will also crash everytime its opened. can anyone help me?...
  7. Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening: All of my search engines chrome and operaGX are crashing/closes instantly after I open them. Microsoft Edge is working for some reason but I would rather use chrome. I do not have Windows 10 activated and don’t know if that’s the problem. I’ve tried uninstalling and...
  8. Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening: All of my search engines chrome and operaGX are crashing/closes instantly after I open them. Microsoft Edge is working for some reason but I would rather use chrome. I do not have Windows 10 activated and don’t know if that’s the problem. I’ve tried uninstalling and...
  9. Software Opening Then Instantly Crashing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Software Opening Then Instantly Crashing?: So i have the X56 HOTAS, and when I try to open the app to calibrate it, it opens in task manager for a split second then instantly crashes before it even appears on screen. Any clue why this would happen? I assume this is a windows issue which is why i'm putting it here....
  10. Application instantly crashes when open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Application instantly crashes when open: I just downloaded Roblox from the Microsoft Store, but the Roblox application somehow crashes in 3 seconds and don't know why. So I checked the events log then I noticed this: Faulting application name: Windows10Universal.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f35b71d...