Windows 10: Setup has failed to determine supported install choices

Discus and support Setup has failed to determine supported install choices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, when running Windows Setup, you may receive an error message – Something happened, Setup has failed to determine supported... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 3, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Setup has failed to determine supported install choices

WinClub, May 3, 2019
  2. aquadecor Win User

"windows has failed to determine supported install choices

While doing a factory reset on my second-hand HP notebook using a factory supplied UBS as the recovery drive is missing I get this message:

"Something happened

windows has failed to determine supported install choices"

and I cannot get any further.

What to do next please?

Any help would be much appreciated.

If if helps the original OS was 8.1. Now running 10 pro and will reinstall after reset is complete.

aquadecor, May 3, 2019
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 3, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, May 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Setup has failed to determine supported install choices - Similar Threads - Setup has failed

2. New has no choices in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New has no choices in File Explorer: As you can see, the New option is empty. I should at least be able to make a new folder form here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-has-no-choices-in-file-explorer/ba742b27-7dcd-4046-943c-1eaad7b49a73
  3. New has no choices in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New has no choices in File Explorer: As you can see, the New option is empty. I should at least be able to make a new folder form here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-has-no-choices-in-file-explorer/ba742b27-7dcd-4046-943c-1eaad7b49a73
  4. "Windows 10 setup: Windows 10 installation has failed"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Windows 10 setup: Windows 10 installation has failed": Hello, how can i fix this error?it happens when the installing windows 10 is at 77%, tell me all the solutions possible pleasei've been facing this problem for a month and i still can't get windows 10, i am sure i meet the requirements....
  5. "Windows 10 setup: Windows 10 installation has failed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows 10 setup: Windows 10 installation has failed": Hello, how can i fix this error?it happens when the installing windows 10 is at 77%, tell me all the solutions possible pleasei've been facing this problem for a month and i still can't get windows 10, i am sure i meet the requirements....
  6. "Windows 10 setup: Windows 10 installation has failed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Wrong Keyboard choice during setup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Keyboard choice during setup.: During the laptop setup using setup wizard I was asked to choose a keyboard. Without realizing it I chose the 78 key style keyboard and now of course the numeric key pad on the right doesn't work. How do I go back and change to the keyboard that includes the numeric key pad?...
  8. “Windows could not determine the language to use for Setup.”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Windows could not determine the language to use for Setup.”: I’m trying to install a custom iso of windows 10 but the setup keeps giving me this error. What should I do? submitted by /u/ab290368 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iuqofh/windows_could_not_determine_the_language_to_use/
  9. Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed

in Windows 10 News
    Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Update installs drivers which fit the best. However, they are not accurate every time. It is possible that an OEM driver or software can be better than what Microsoft has to offer. If you receive Windows has determined that [...] This post Windows...
  10. Setup has failed to validate the product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setup has failed to validate the product key: how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-has-failed-to-validate-the-product-key/a8aecc05-6bcd-4cec-83eb-d67816fa959b"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 8.1 setup failed to validate install choices

2. setup has failed to determine supported install choices

3. it says something happened set up has failed to determine supported install choices