Windows 10: Setup is unable to find _SETUP.DLL, but it's in the setup folder

Discus and support Setup is unable to find _SETUP.DLL, but it's in the setup folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to install an old game onto my laptop, but I keep getting an error message that reads "Setup is unable to find _SETUP.DLL, which is needed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/olivegarden98, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Setup is unable to find _SETUP.DLL, but it's in the setup folder

I am trying to install an old game onto my laptop, but I keep getting an error message that reads "Setup is unable to find _SETUP.DLL, which is needed to complete the installation." I checked the setup folder and _setup.dll is listed there. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I do not speak computer, so a dumbed-down explanation would be greatly appreciated Setup is unable to find _SETUP.DLL, but it's in the setup folder :)

submitted by /u/olivegarden98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/olivegarden98, Jan 30, 2020

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 30, 2020
  3. rlforbes Win User
    Cortana Setup Failure

I open Microsoft Edge and am presented with the opportunity to setup. I proceed to step 2 which is Cortana. I sign in with my Microsoft ID and password and am presented with a request for another password (supposedly an old password). If the screen doesn't
    lock up, I enter my password again and am told that it isn't any good. So ----- I am unable to setup Cortana or proceed beyond that step.

Any suggestions?

rlforbes, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Louie Del Win User

Setup is unable to find _SETUP.DLL, but it's in the setup folder

Modern setup host

Hi Hermie,

Regarding your concern with the deleted Modern Setup Host file, we’d like to ask the following questions so we can isolate it at the same time:

• What particular action that you’re trying to perform at the time that it was accidentally deleted.?
    • May we know where and how it was deleted on your computer?
    • Were you able to check if the deleted file can be found in the
      Recycle bin?

As an initial step, we suggest that perform a DISM command. This will help repairing possible system file corruptions. Follow these steps:

• Type command in the search box.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Press Enter.
    • Close the Command Prompt windows and check if changes were made related to the Modern Setup Host file.

We'll wait for your update after trying the steps.

Louie Del, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Setup is unable to find _SETUP.DLL, but it's in the setup folder

1. Setup is unable to find _SETUP.DLL, but it's in the setup folder - Similar Threads - Setup unable find

2. Setup Was Unable To Create the Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup Was Unable To Create the Directory: Hi, dear Customer Support,I've been facing a problem for the last 2 days while trying to install my software " Gemvision Matrix". As I'm running the installation program it says, " Setup was unable to create the directory," and the address is,"C:\Users\Corei9\OneDrive\??".It...
  3. Setup Was Unable To Create the Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup Was Unable To Create the Directory: Hi, dear Customer Support,I've been facing a problem for the last 2 days while trying to install my software " Gemvision Matrix". As I'm running the installation program it says, " Setup was unable to create the directory," and the address is,"C:\Users\Corei9\OneDrive\??".It...
  4. unable to setup fingerprint lock due finger already been setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to setup fingerprint lock due finger already been setup: how can i setup the fingerprint on fresh install windows 11 with this problem shows up, even after using another finger to set it up it still use pin code not the fingerprint...
  5. Unable to setup Hello pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to setup Hello pin: I am unable to setup the Hello Pin. It says there is an error with Microsoft Account. I tried all the links and solutions mentioned related to this issue but no luck!Could you please help me fix this. I am unable to open my laptop if I do not have internet access.Thanks...
  6. Unable to setup a PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to setup a PIN: I am trying to login to my laptop. I recently changed my pin and updated the fingerprint sensor. I locked my laptop and when I went to sign-in again, my fingertip sensor stopped working and I am now prompted to sign-in with my pin. To do so, I am prompted to login to my...
  7. Adobe Setup Folder Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Setup Folder Missing: A folder called 'Setup' is supposed to be at the end of this path: C:\ProgramData\Adobe. I don't have it. Acrobat Reader DC will update automatically just fine, but if I try to do a manual update, it fails because this folder isn't there. Are the contents of this folder...
  8. setup unable to create directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    setup unable to create directory: I am trying to install a program and when i open the installer everything is fine until it begins to download and then i get "Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\ProgramData\Arturia\ArturiaSoftware Center" Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified" Last...
  9. Unable to setup windows hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to setup windows hello: Hello, I recently had to remove my windows hello sign in options and change to a password since I needed to get my laptop set up by my school and after receiving it back I tried to re-setup the fingerprint sign in option but when I clicked on the sign in method it just showed...
  10. Can't find setup wizard

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't find setup wizard: I can't find this (see attachment). [img] Don Cole 101718