Windows 10: Setup Mail app to access hotmail emails

Discus and support Setup Mail app to access hotmail emails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the last weeks, I get the following persistent message: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested actions. Please install an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarolAnnYI, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Setup Mail app to access hotmail emails

For the last weeks, I get the following persistent message: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested actions. Please install an email program, or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

And my Hotmail account just doesn't work now--I don't know if it is related to the message above, or something else.

Please give any suggestions in extremely NON-techy language--I need very basic instructions!

Thanks for any help you can provide. I miss Hotmail! I have no idea if this is Windows-related, or Edge-related, or Explorer-related, or Hotmail-related, or????????

***Moved from: Microsoft Edge/ All other issues/Windows 10***

:)

CarolAnnYI, Jan 30, 2020

2. Outlook 2013 - Linked Hotmail Accounts not downloading to app access

I have Office Professional 2013 installed, and with that comes Outlook 2013 email as the prime account.

I have one Gmail and two Hotmail email accounts linked to the Outlook 2013 email account, and usually accessible via the Outlook Mail app.

However, since 02 July 2017, no Hotmail emails have been downloaded for viewing via the Outlook 2013 Mail app. There is no problem at all with the Gmail account emails.

Yet if I login to my Hotmail accounts to view them online, I can see and read emails that have arrived since 02 July 2017.

Snips related to this problem are attached.

Setup Mail app to access hotmail emails [​IMG]

sassofalco, Jan 30, 2020
  3. DMO
    dmo Win User
    Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Hi All, I've searched wide and far online for an answer but have had little luck - looking to one of you for some guidance here if possible.

Issue:
    • Sent mail folder in Mail application on Windows 10 doesn't sync more than 30 days of send messages for Hotmail account.
    • Only Hotmail account affected on Mail application; other sub folders sync as far back as possible
    • Gmail account is fine - can see years of sent email

Context:
    • I have 2 accounts added to my Mail client on Windows 10 - 1 hotmail, 1 gmail
    • I have Outlook mail installed on this machine also
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • Dell Precision M3800
    • Upgraded from Windows 7 -> Windows 10

Tried:
    • Removing and readding the hotmail account
    • Tried removing and adding the account as POP3 account as well as the built in Hotmail autosetup link
    • Removed all email accounts and readded them
    • Ensured that the application has permission to access calendar (have seen this online in a few places as a possible problem maker)
    • Checked that I have my sent messages (I can see them in Outlook 2013, but not in Mail -> Sent folder)

All help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

4. Helmut Win User

Setup Mail app to access hotmail emails

Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?

Just add them. You can have any number of Outlook Mail Accounts in the Windows 10 Mail App.
    Both of my Outlook Email Accounts are setup in the Windows 10 Mail App.

You use the top selection for Outlook, nothing to do with PC user accounts as such. I actually use a Local Account for the PC.

Historically, they were pre 2012 Hotmail Accounts which were transferred and the old Hotmail address appears as a folder(linked account) in the Outlook Accounts. Thus old stray Hotmails are still received.
    Back in 2012 MS asked people to change to Outlook Mail as MS were going to close down Hotmail, however they never seemed to actually do that.

Helmut, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Setup Mail app to access hotmail emails

1. Setup Mail app to access hotmail emails - Similar Threads - Setup Mail app

2. Setup email alias in win11 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup email alias in win11 mail app: I have an email account that my company gives me. It has two addresses, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I only logged in as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in win11 mail app. Occasionally, I would...
  3. Setup email alias in win11 mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup email alias in win11 mail app: I have an email account that my company gives me. It has two addresses, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I only logged in as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in win11 mail app. Occasionally, I would...
  4. Email group setup for Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email group setup for Windows Mail: I am running Windows Mail for emails Windows 11 machine with Office 365, but am unable to create groups in / with my contacts. Any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-group-setup-for-windows-mail/dbf11d74-55ee-4d30-8966-02e40b1e4017
  5. Accessing Setup in Windows Email

Accessing Setup in Windows Email: If the SETUP Icon is not visible after opening Windows Mail be sure to completely enlarge the Left panel that has "Accounts" and "Folders" in it. This problem has not yet been identified and needs to be addressed. The SETUP Icon could simply be moved to a more accessible...
  6. Accessing Setup in Windows Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing Setup in Windows Email: If the SETUP Icon is not visible after opening Windows Mail be sure to completely enlarge the Left panel that has "Accounts" and "Folders" in it. This problem has not yet been identified and needs to be addressed. The SETUP Icon could simply be moved to a more accessible...
  7. Hotmail. emails

Hotmail. emails: Ls. Ihave two email adresses , hotmail.com, in mail from windows. These are synchronised with other mail adresses. These two email adresses are getiing a warning sign regular and if I put the password in the system it will not help. I also do noetb receive email on these...
  8. no hotmail in windows 10 mail app

no hotmail in windows 10 mail app: why is my hotmail mail account not showing in windows 10 mail app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-hotmail-in-windows-10-mail-app/e79f4d31-b49d-4331-b401-97919170d4d3
  9. scan to email setup failed with hotmail server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scan to email setup failed with hotmail server: I need to setup scan to email scanning on Canon MF628cW all-in-one printer using hotmail server. Based on instructions in manual and YouTube videos, I tried the following setting combinations. SMTP server: smtp-mail.outlook.com or smtp.live.com E-mail Address: (my hotmail...
  10. Mail downloads gmail emails also into Hotmail

Mail downloads gmail emails also into Hotmail: Hi, I use the Mail desktop program for 2 email accounts Gmail and Hotmail. I receive my Gmail emails also into the Hotmail Inbox. How do I stop this, which setting am I missing? Thanks....