Windows 10: Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??

Discus and support Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I just bought my wife a new Dell Latitude 3400. I started to set it up using my Windows login and such. I want to change everything I did and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Framin51, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Framin51 Win User

Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??

Hi all, I just bought my wife a new Dell Latitude 3400. I started to set it up using my Windows login and such. I want to change everything I did and restart the whole setup process with her information. I would like to go beyond the change Administrator and change user ID. Can I RE-DO the whole startup process?

1. So she can learn how it's done.
    2. She will have a better sense of ownership.
    3. Keep wife Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for any help,

Rich

:)

Framin51, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Add New Local User Fails with "Something went wrong" message

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Did you use the same Microsoft account to setup user account on this computer?
    I would suggest you to create a new local user account using the below steps

Steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R

• And type netplwiz and click ok.
    This will open user account window click add and follow the onscreen instruction to create a new local account.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Arul_D, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??

Windows 10 new istallation wrong user name for user folder

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps

To do so, please follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows key + R key, Run window opens.
    • Type control in the open box and click
      Ok.
    • Control Panel windows opens.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on
      Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions. Check if the issue persists in the new user account.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??

1. Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP?? - Similar Threads - Setup Dell Laptop

2. NEW SETUP GONE WRONG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEW SETUP GONE WRONG: I tried creating a new account on a new PC being installed for the first time. Then surprisingly im taken to the login page. I dont even have a profile setup and im expected to put in a password. i press next with an empty password and it it says incorrect. I type ""guest"...
  3. New PC - User Account Setup Guidace

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC - User Account Setup Guidace: I will be configuring a new Windows 10 Home PC soon. To be specific, using the Out of Box Experience after opening a store-bought laptop. The last time I did this, in 2016, I caused myself some confusion between the name of the Windows user and the Microsoft Account. What I...
  4. New laptop setup - Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New laptop setup - Microsoft Account: hi, I have recently purchased a second laptop for another member of my family. They have their own email address, but the Microsoft account is in my name. Do i setup the laptop in my account name still? also are they able to add their email account in Outlook once its...
  5. setup with wrong user details

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    setup with wrong user details: Hi, I got my daughter a new laptop, when she set it up she has put in wrong email address, we now cant access laptop, is there any way to change this? any password reset info is going somewhere else....
  6. New laptop wrong Microsoft account

New laptop wrong Microsoft account: I just purchased a new Windows 10 Dell laptop and during set up I entered my husband’s microsoft account and password. Now everything is uploading to his dropbox and my phone is linked to everything of his. How can I stop this?...
  7. New PC setup first user account

New PC setup first user account: I just bought a new PC with Win10 Home Premium and went through the initial setup process using my primary Microsoft email address. I am now set up as an administrator but for safety and security reasons, would prefer to use a standard account. How can I dissociate my name...
  8. New Windows setup created wrong user folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Windows setup created wrong user folder: s have a new PC and I'm installing a new iteration of Windows 10. It created a User folder spelled different than the one I am using on old Windows PC. This was done when I logged into my Microsoft account during setup. My backup will restore my files to the existing...
  9. Unable to setup new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to setup new user account: I had another issues prior to this one that I posted about yesterday and now this is a new issue that popped up as a result. Right now the only user account on my machine is the system admin account, which I had to setup to get admin permissions going on my computer. Now...
  10. Account setup wrong?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account setup wrong?: I recently did a clean-install of my HP DV6 laptop using the FCU -- and then spent two days reinstalling the apps and restoring the user settings. After that, I created a second account for my wife but when I logged into her account, I kept getting admin password prompts,...