Windows 10: Setup New Laptop with Windows 10 - sign in and admin

Discus and support Setup New Laptop with Windows 10 - sign in and admin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently had a new HP Laptop and starting to set it up for use and transfer files from old laptop etc. I read somewhere that one should not use their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tensone, Feb 10, 2021.

1. tensone Win User

Setup New Laptop with Windows 10 - sign in and admin

Recently had a new HP Laptop and starting to set it up for use and transfer files from old laptop etc.

I read somewhere that one should not use their Windows account log-in to use/run their Laptop/PC etc.

Should I have my windows sign-in as (non-administrator) and additional user setup as the Administrator.

Which should I use to log-in when booting/starting the laptop.

Thank you for any help.

:)

tensone, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Non Admin acct questions

I think you may just be looking in the wrong place. When you sign out the sign in screen and password box will be for the account that has just signed out. It's the same for a restart, the sign in screen will be for the last user that had signed in.

Sign out, then look for a list of names in the lower left corner of the sign in screen. All available accounts should be listed there, click on the one you want to change the sign in screen to be for that user. See the screenshot at step 2 in this tutorial.

Sign in to Windows 10

Correct, the user folder is not created until the first sign in.

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Setup New Laptop with Windows 10 - sign in and admin - Similar Threads - Setup Laptop sign

2. sign in setup on new device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in setup on new device: ok so im new to all of this windows 10 stuff and im trying to set up a login to get into the computer im able to sign in via outlook email but when i go into the setting and try to log in it will accept my email and password but when it asks me to reenter my current account...
  3. sign in setup on new device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in setup on new device: ok so im new to all of this windows 10 stuff and im trying to set up a login to get into the computer im able to sign in via outlook email but when i go into the setting and try to log in it will accept my email and password but when it asks me to reenter my current account...
  4. sign in setup on new device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  6. New Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  7. Setup New Laptop with Windows 10 - sign in and admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setup New Laptop with Windows 10 - sign in and admin: Recently had a new HP Laptop and starting to set it up for use and transfer files from old laptop etc. I read somewhere that one should not use their Windows account log-in to use/run their Laptop/PC etc. Should I have my windows sign-in as (non-administrator) and...
  8. new laptop setup failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new laptop setup failed: Wife's 'Black Friday' laptop. We couldn't remember her Microsoft account- or maybe never had one. after numerous attempts, codes from Microsoft, and more- we can't even get past the welcome screen. Nothing, no way to get 'into' computer. Microsoft even locked her RR email,...
  9. Change Admin on new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Admin on new laptop: New laptop--I had someone else set it up and they misspelled my email account including using that account as administrator. I want to change the administrator of the laptop to my real email. How do I do that?...
  10. Changing Admin on new laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Admin on new laptop: So i just received a new laptop and when I was setting up the microsoft account for the new computer I created a new account thinking it would be no issue. However, now the new account is the admin account on the computer and I have no idea how to remove it even though I have...