Windows 10: Setup of HP Officejet 9015e failing because HP Smart App does not open

Discus and support Setup of HP Officejet 9015e failing because HP Smart App does not open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Running WIN 1020H2 build 19042.906. Trying to setup my 9015e on WIN 10. Connected via ethernet to modem/router (not using wireless). When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeFX, Apr 12, 2021.

1. JoeFX Win User

Setup of HP Officejet 9015e failing because HP Smart App does not open

Hello,
    Running WIN 1020H2 build 19042.906.

Trying to setup my 9015e on WIN 10. Connected via ethernet to modem/router (not using wireless). When getting HP Smart from the Windows Store, I hit my problem: HP Smart has installed from The Store, but will not open correctly. When I click Launch, it opens for about one second, then winks off the screen.

The error message is "Something Unexpected Happened" with the code: 0x800700B7.

I have gone through the HP support site, but every fix I find seems to return me to the HP Smart App to repair my problem; since HP Smart won't open, I seem to be stuck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

JoeFX, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

HP SMART app - crash

Hi Blair,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Windows 10 HP Officejet Pro 8620 Will not print

Thank you for posting this. I tried all the listed steps and still not able to print EXCEPT when I ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor; at the conclusion of the scan, the app prompts me to print a test page from within the Scan Doctor and it is successful. I recall the 8620 being able to do this as well, however.

robdam1001, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Setup of HP Officejet 9015e failing because HP Smart App does not open

HP Officejet Pro K550

Dear Erdeslawe,

I finally got a reply from the HP forum confirming that the printer is compatible with Windows 10 but the problem resolved itself when I installed the latest Windows 10 update. I have several available printers on my system and a new one is available to
    select HP Officejet Pro K550 (Copy1). If I select this, everything prints perfectly. Selecting the original HP Officejet Pro K550 nothing happens. The solution suggested by HP is reproduced below if anyone has a similar problem but I have not had to use this.

Thanks again for your help

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing issues when printing from your Windows 10 computer to your HP Officejet Pro K550 Colour Printer. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue. Thank you for including the troubleshooting steps that you have
    attempted prior to reaching out for support. Your HP Officejet is compatible with Windows 10. However, there is no downloadable HP Full Feature Software and Driver, or Basic Driver available. Rather, you're relying
    solely on aWindows Update driver to use the print function of your product. There may be a conflict with the Windows Update driver on the Windows 10 system that is causing your Officejet to 'lock up' as your Windows XP system still prints
    fine to your machine. To resolve this issue, I'm curious if an alternate print driver would function properly for you. To test this theory, please follow the steps below on the Windows 10 computer.

Step 1: Add Alternate Driver:

Make sure the USB Cable is connected to your Windows 10 computer from your printer.

• Click on Start
    • Open Devices and Printers
    • Locate your Officejet in the Devices and Printers window
    • Right click on the HP Officejet
    • Left click on Printer Properties
    • Select the Advanced tab
    • Select New Driver
    • When the New Driver window opens just hit 'Next' until you see a list of Manufacturersand Printers.
    • Click HP as the Manufacturer
    • Select Deskjet 9800 as the Printer on the right
    • After selecting Deskjet 9800 hit 'Next' to complete the New Driver wizard
    • Under Printer Properties click Apply, but don't hit OK
    • Click the General tab
    • Rename your printer back to Officejet K550
    • Click OK
    • Lastly, right click on your Officejet one more time
    • Select Printing Preferences
    • Click on the Paper/Quality tab
    • Select the Print Quality dropdown and change this to 'Fast Normal'
    • Select Apply and OK
    • Close Devices and Printers

DavidRoweST, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Setup of HP Officejet 9015e failing because HP Smart App does not open

1. Setup of HP Officejet 9015e failing because HP Smart App does not open - Similar Threads - Setup Officejet 9015e

2. My Hp Smart App Wont Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Hp Smart App Wont Open: I have looked at all the other kinds of solutions but I just cant get it to work. So I have the HP OfficeJet Pro 8025E All-In-One Printer. I been using HP smart for a while already without issue. However the last 2 weeks i havent been able to open up the application. I tried...
  3. HP Smart smart app uninstalled

HP Smart smart app uninstalled: Hello I have uninstalled the HP Smart app from my PC and I want to install a app to use in printer to scan the HP app goes through the complete installation but at the end it still wants me to install HP Smart I have 2 different printers I use 1 a HP LaserJet printer only...
  4. HP OfficeJet 4655

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP OfficeJet 4655: Not printing in color, black ink ok. Uninstalled driver/printer. Unplugged printer from power source/hard reset on printer. Installed newest driver. Ink indicator full as I have installed new cartridge. Troubleshooter doesn't find anything wrong. Print test...
  5. hp smart app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    hp smart app: I am unable to install hp smart app from Store. It was not scanning so I deleted it and now I cannot reload it. When I click on install it says "you already own this app" and then does nothing. I have tried looking for it on HP page but I just keep getting sent back to MS...
  6. hp officejet k710

hp officejet k710: Dear, does anyone have hp officejet k7100 printer drivers for win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-k710/1d37f89d-9ac7-48dd-bb9b-dc2ba45df5f7
  7. HP Smart app will not download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HP Smart app will not download: I need to get the HP Smart app to run my new printer but it will not download, it says starting download but nothing else is happening. I have tried restarting the computer and logging out of the Microsoft store but every time I restart and go to the store it says the HP App...
  8. HP Officejet 2020

HP Officejet 2020: I recently purchased a Dell laptop and ever since, my printer keeps going offline? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-2020/f1a2bb88-9203-46ec-9d3d-210e8719f3a9
  9. hp officejet 4500

hp officejet 4500: We purchased a new desktop which runs windows 10. installation software for the printer uses windows 7. what do I need to do to install the printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-4500/3e41cf7b-d7f3-43aa-b0d6-f7e69eeb8702
  10. HP SMART app - crash

HP SMART app - crash: I click on desktop icon, HPSmart, it opens for 3 seconds then closes again, i can't access it for scanning a document i need to load on my computer. ***Title changed from: HP SMART***...