Windows 10: setup printer for direct printing using Windows 10

Discus and support setup printer for direct printing using Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I setup a printer for direct printing via USB? My print spooler is currently disabled due to the ongoing security issues. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bryan H_, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Bryan H_ Win User

setup printer for direct printing using Windows 10

How do I setup a printer for direct printing via USB? My print spooler is currently disabled due to the ongoing security issues. Thanks

:)

Bryan H_, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 26, 2021
  4. setup printer for direct printing using Windows 10

hp2540 printer using windows 10 prints gibberish but prints OK direct from printer.

Hello,

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to follow the below methods:

Method 1:

Run inbuilt printer troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

Note: If your computer is having problems printing, try using the Printer troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that a printer is connected to your computer, and it checks
    for common issues such as whether the printer has enough paper and toner to complete printing your document.

• Press Windows keys on your keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now click on view all option.
    • Click on printer and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer's Driver.

Step 1: Uninstall the Printer's Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Printer from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
      the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2:Go to the Printer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the printer model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Method 3:

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and
      check if the issue persists

Please refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Fix printer problems

Fix printer problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Note: The above article will help you identify and fix common printer problems in Windows. Printing problems can be caused by cables that aren’t connected properly, problems with
    wireless adapters or settings, damaged or incompatible printer drivers or missing updates.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

setup printer for direct printing using Windows 10

1. setup printer for direct printing using Windows 10 - Similar Threads - setup printer direct

2. No Printer will print in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Printer will print in windows 10: I had an HP OfficeJet 8020 that stopped working November 2022, 10 months ago and after trying everything i could find on the internet, I purchased a new printer, Brother MFC J1010DW, still won't print. I'm having trouble with the drivers for some reason, they are never being...
  3. No Printer will print in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Printer will print in windows 10: I had an HP OfficeJet 8020 that stopped working November 2022, 10 months ago and after trying everything i could find on the internet, I purchased a new printer, Brother MFC J1010DW, still won't print. I'm having trouble with the drivers for some reason, they are never being...
  4. No Printer will print in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot print due to a printer setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot print due to a printer setup: HUAWEI MATEBOOK D14After installing Windows 11 and going back to Windows 10 I can no longer print due to a printer setup. My printer is HP ENVY 5530. However I can print from the printer a Printer Staus Report for example!Thank you,...
  6. Cannot print due to a printer setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot print due to a printer setup: HUAWEI MATEBOOK D14After installing Windows 11 and going back to Windows 10 I can no longer print due to a printer setup. My printer is HP ENVY 5530. However I can print from the printer a Printer Staus Report for example!Thank you,...
  7. Cannot print due to a printer setup

8. microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer"

microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer": microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer", it's grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-cannot-select-print/dd76e585-e8d5-41ae-836a-160aa4bfd0d8
  9. Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop

Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop: laptop and printer were communicating thru wifi but no longer. I wired printer to laptop directly and still unable to print. Please help, thank you.......
  10. print direct to printer not available over a network

print direct to printer not available over a network: My old Epson dot printer when connected locally has horizontal white lines if the spooler is engaged. When I set it to print directly to printer it works perfectly. Now I want to connect it to a home network and when I do it prints to spooler and the white lines are back....