Windows 10: Setup questions

Discus and support Setup questions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can i use mklink during windows install ? Should i use juction ? How should i use it in a batch file ? John... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ElectricalBanana, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Setup questions

Can i use mklink during windows install ? Should i use juction ? How should i use it in a batch file ? John

:)

ElectricalBanana, Nov 22, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Q6600 questions

you will never know, but i will say i got my 6600 from newegg and it was G0 stepping.

Depending on your setup a 6600 will hit in the mid 3GHz range. Mine runs stable at 3.4Ghz. Yea it will hit 3Ghz without a problem at all, however i would suggest somewhere around 3.2 as a safeguard against gpu bottlenecking.

If you are going to go higher than 2.8Ghz i would suggest an aftermarket cooler. Quads run very hot.

Oh a G0 stepping will say SLARK on it I lapped mine so i can't rememebr the correct spelling.

pepsi71ocean, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Louie Del Win User

Setup questions

Modern setup host

Hi Hermie,

Regarding your concern with the deleted Modern Setup Host file, we’d like to ask the following questions so we can isolate it at the same time:

• What particular action that you’re trying to perform at the time that it was accidentally deleted.?
    • May we know where and how it was deleted on your computer?
    • Were you able to check if the deleted file can be found in the
      Recycle bin?

As an initial step, we suggest that perform a DISM command. This will help repairing possible system file corruptions. Follow these steps:

• Type command in the search box.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Press Enter.
    • Close the Command Prompt windows and check if changes were made related to the Modern Setup Host file.

We'll wait for your update after trying the steps.

Louie Del, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Setup questions

1. Setup questions - Similar Threads - Setup questions

2. Win11 setup question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 setup question: I will be setting uo a number of Win11 computers with the same settings and accounts. Is there a way to automate it ?Ideally I would setup one computer, save those settings to a USB, and use the USB for setting up the other computers.Thanks......
  3. Win11 setup question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 setup question: I will be setting uo a number of Win11 computers with the same settings and accounts. Is there a way to automate it ?Ideally I would setup one computer, save those settings to a USB, and use the USB for setting up the other computers.Thanks......
  4. Remote Desktop setup question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop setup question: Three remote users need to access a SQL database on a desktop computer. I was told Remote Desktop was a good option. I have the following questions.1. What software do I need to have on that desktop computer? Windows 10, 11 or a server edition?2. If a server edition, what...
  5. Remote Desktop setup question

Remote Desktop setup question: Three remote users need to access a SQL database on a desktop computer. I was told Remote Desktop was a good option. I have the following questions.1. What software do I need to have on that desktop computer? Windows 10, 11 or a server edition?2. If a server edition, what...
  6. Windows 11 > How do I setup the 3 security questions for login reset for a user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 > How do I setup the 3 security questions for login reset for a user: I am the original user as admin of my Windows 11 computer.If I cannot login & wants a PW rest, it s not asking for 3 security questions . It is asking me to insert some login CD or whatever.My computer has no DVD or CD drive. It has only USB.So if I lost my password I am...
  7. Windows 11 > How do I setup the 3 security questions for login reset for a user

Windows 11 > How do I setup the 3 security questions for login reset for a user: I am the original user as admin of my Windows 11 computer.If I cannot login & wants a PW rest, it s not asking for 3 security questions . It is asking me to insert some login CD or whatever.My computer has no DVD or CD drive. It has only USB.So if I lost my password I am...
  8. Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup: Installing windows 10 using usb due to issues and planning on using clean command from diskpart to completely wipe my drive questions is can i use cmd in windows setup and use diskpart? if so how?...
  9. Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup

Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup: Installing windows 10 using usb due to issues and planning on using clean command from diskpart to completely wipe my drive questions is can i use cmd in windows setup and use diskpart? if so how?...
  10. Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade