Windows 10: Setup RAID 1 between 2 SSD on Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Setup RAID 1 between 2 SSD on Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; One of my coworkers asked me to install a new server that we will use at our work place, asking me to setup a RAID 1 between 2 brand new SSD. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KutiePlushy, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Setup RAID 1 between 2 SSD on Windows 10 Home

One of my coworkers asked me to install a new server that we will use at our work place, asking me to setup a RAID 1 between 2 brand new SSD.

I started my research, setuping the Bios to manage the RAID mod, making sure the 2 SSD are the same and usable for a RAID 1, but when I'm in the partition center, right clicking on one of my SSD there is no option to create a mirror 1, they don't have anything stored in them and they're is no partition inside them, they're full clean.

Is it because Windows 10 Home don't have the option to create a RAID 1 or is it because I'm dumb ? (It's a 50/50 chance at this point)

submitted by /u/KutiePlushy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KutiePlushy, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Steevo Win User

Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Get the six core CPU's I listed, at 3.3Ghz per core they will more than handle any calculations you throw at them for years to come, and with matching RAM in tri channel you will have a very strong setup.

My only other suggestion is a full RAID card like the one I listed with SSD's (in RAID 1)for the OS and programs, and then a RAID 5 array for backup and any large files on the board with a offsite final backup

Steevo, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Need specifics on RAID 10

step 1) purchase a raid card that does raid 10 and has 4x mini sas. you will want at least 1024 ram on that chip.
    step 2) purchase 16 2 TB enterprise class constellation drives
    step 3) purchase another whole rig to do the same thing
    step 4) setup rsync to copy all of the changed data from server 1 to server 2
    step 5) buy 2 800 watt BBU (1 for each)

there.

Easy Rhino, Mar 3, 2021
  4. georgetok Win User

Setup RAID 1 between 2 SSD on Windows 10 Home

Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Thank you so much.

Dell system I am buying as a back has Xeon E5645 2.2 GHz & 12 GB ECC RAM

They don't offer Xeon W3680 that you suggested

So would that be good enough ?

Thanks

georgetok, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Setup RAID 1 between 2 SSD on Windows 10 Home

1. Setup RAID 1 between 2 SSD on Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Setup RAID between

2. How to setup RAID 1 on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to setup RAID 1 on Windows 11/10: [IMG]In this article, we will show you how to setup RAID 1 on your Windows 11/10 computer. RAID stands for Redundant Array of Independent Disks. It is a technology that uses multiple HDDs or SSDs for data redundancy and performance improvement. You can configure different...
  3. Windows 10 Home & Raid 1 Setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home & Raid 1 Setup: Will Windows 10 Home support a Raid 1 Setup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-raid-1-setup/5711a320-915b-4508-a308-8d0be8d266f0
  4. What's the best solution for a reliable RAID 1 setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the best solution for a reliable RAID 1 setup: I wonder if you could kindly assist with a recommendation of the most reliable Raid 1 mirroring setup, with current implementation by BIOS, an option of Windows 10 Pro, or using Storage Spaces in Windows. The background is that my primary aim is to ensure a backup of my...
  5. Windows 10 / Raid 1: "Optimize" shows HDD, NOT installed SSD's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 / Raid 1: "Optimize" shows HDD, NOT installed SSD's: I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A COMPLETE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION: PLEASE, HELP! In my new Windows 10 desktop computer, RAID 1, Two SSD's, I see Optimize shows "Hard Disk Drive", NOT "SSD", and I want to be sure defragmentation is not applied to these drives, instead of the proper...
  6. Windows 10, RAID 1, Optimize Shows HDD, not SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, RAID 1, Optimize Shows HDD, not SSD: In my new Windows 10 desktop computer, RAID 1, Two SSD's, I see Optimize shows "Hard Disk Drive", NOT "SSD", and I want to be sure defragmentation is not applied to these drives, instead of the proper TRIM utility. What need I do? I found a reply for this regarding Windows...
  7. How to setup raid 1 on a Dell E6540 laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to setup raid 1 on a Dell E6540 laptop?: How to setup raid 1 on a Dell E6540 laptop with 2 ssd hard drives while loading Windows 10? I am loading Windows 10 with 2 SSD hard drives on a Dell E6540 quad-core i7. And I wanted to know how do I set this up and and my 2nd ssd will capture all data and boot info from the...
  8. RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives: My custom build is now about a year old. Whe n I first set it up, I configured hardware RAID 1 and the fresh windows install worked perfect. Now after a few upgrades the drives are not seen as a RAID anymore but 1 separate drives. Funny thing is when I mounted on a...
  9. Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid

Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid: Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've added a hard drive to my system to enable raid 1 via windows 10 Pro (not hardware raid). my main drive has 4 partitions which were set up when I installed windows 8.1. I have since upgraded to 10 pro. I assume these partitions...
  10. 1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0

1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0: In preparation for Windows 10 I plan on completely resetting my hard drive configuration since I currently have it spanning four hard drives. Right now my OS sits on a 128GB SSD while all the programs, games, photos, family videos, etc. sit on a mechanical 1TB drive. I...