Windows 10: Setup Resource Decompression Failure on Windows Pro

Discus and support Setup Resource Decompression Failure on Windows Pro in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings, I am trying to install some programs on my Windows 10 Laptop and each time I get this Setup Failure. The only way to successfully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BillB_Astro, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Setup Resource Decompression Failure on Windows Pro

Greetings,

I am trying to install some programs on my Windows 10 Laptop and each time I get this Setup Failure. The only way to successfully install is

to login using the Hidden Administrator. Thus, I believe the issue is related to a security permissions problem. As far as I know permissions have not changed since installing Windows 10 pro several months ago. I recall that when the OS was 1st installed I was able to install programs without the above error.

I have investigated permissions for Users/Groups and have gotten confused about the different User names associated with my account. I would like some direction to confirm that I have the proper permissions for User names and Windows TEMP folders.

Thanks, Bill

:)

BillB_Astro, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Andy-LW Win User

setup resource decompression failure

This can happen with an installer if it's based on InstallAware. One thing to check is if there's a file in your Temp folder called "mia1" -- InstallAware installers try to create a *folder* by the same and if there is a file there by that name they throw
    the "setup resource decompression failure". If you find that file, delete it and re-run your setup.

Andy-LW, Oct 13, 2020
  3. setup resource decompression failure

I am trying to install a program and I keep getting the error message "setup resource decompression failure". Disk space is not an issue, so what else can I do to resolve this issue? I am running Win10 & the installer is Installaware.

Thanks,

DouglasBridge, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Setup Resource Decompression Failure on Windows Pro

I am getting a "setup resource decompression failure" from the Installware wizard.

Hi MJX2 ,

Thank you for bringing this issue to us.

I am glad to work with you and help you find a resolution for this issue.

I understand that there was an issue in installing a program.

Please let us work together to find a way to fix this concern.

Please see this link bellow, useful information is provided here to fix this concern.

setup resource decompression failure

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Thank you again for letting us know about the concern MJX2 .

Please let me know on how I can provide further assistance to you.

Continue to have a safe and good day.

Best Regards,

Anthony De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Setup Resource Decompression Failure on Windows Pro

1. Setup Resource Decompression Failure on Windows Pro - Similar Threads - Setup Resource Decompression

2. Windows 10 Installation Setup Failure In 72%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation Setup Failure In 72%: Good Day! Please Someone Tell Me How To Fix "Windows 10 Installation Setup Failed" During The Installation Of W10 ON 72% I Was Really Upset Because Of How long it took to the setup Im Using The Media Creation Tool! :...
  3. Failed to decompress the archive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed to decompress the archive: I am trying to install a Epson ET2710 printer , my printer shows it is connected to the Internet but my PC with Windows 10 keeps giving me the error message Failed to decompress the archive. I have loaded Winzip and ran it through the administrator but still the same message...
  4. "Setup decompression failure" when trying to install a program - Win 10 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Setup decompression failure" when trying to install a program - Win 10 2021: Hello there, I have an exe file to install, and it gives me a "setup decompression failure" in the InstallAware wizard when I try to run it. I have searched for solutions everywhere including here, every solution given I've tried, including: - running the exe as...
  5. How to decompress C: drive on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to decompress C: drive on windows 10 pro: Hi, I have compressed my C: drive on windows 10 pro without knowing it is not a good idea. Can anyone tell me how to decompress my C: drive because it is causing problems?...
  6. I am getting a "setup resource decompression failure" from the Installware wizard.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am getting a "setup resource decompression failure" from the Installware wizard.: I've tried clean the temp folder, perform a clean boot, delete the mia file located in appdata folder. still cannot install. how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-a-setup-resource-decompression/87924673-ee46-4028-937a-ef115a7d5f0e
  7. SQL server setup failure.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SQL server setup failure.: Hello Team, I have downloaded this setup from Microsoft official site SQLEXPRADV_x64_ENU and trying to install on a system using Administrator account but getting below error. Note - I am able to install this setup on another system, So it is clear that there is no issue...
  8. How to Decompress Windows Files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Decompress Windows Files: A few days ago two of my program shortcuts (Roblox Player and Roblox Studio) suddenly had the compression sign on the top right corner. I tried to decompress them through properties and then reset my pc, and it seems to have worked, but the icon is still there. The only...
  9. failed to decompress the archives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    failed to decompress the archives: I try to install epson xp257 and only get failed to decompress the archives. According to epson, they have no problem with the file, it is a common problem with windows 10. How do I solve it....
  10. Failed to load resources from resource file,Please check Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to load resources from resource file,Please check Setup: After clean install of windows 10 ,the program called Martindale complete drug reference show me this error message like i said in title. This program worked normal in windows 8.1 so i was force to install windows 8.1 and dual boot ,because i really need the program,for my...