Windows 10: Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Programdata\......." Error 3: The system...

Discus and support Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Programdata\......." Error 3: The system... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to install a software but this error message pop up all the time. Then i tried to install other software still this message came up in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Omy90, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Omy90 Win User

Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Programdata\......." Error 3: The system...

I was trying to install a software but this error message pop up all the time. Then i tried to install other software still this message came up in to my screen! What to do? Please Help... Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Programdata\......." Error 3: The system... c620466e-b4b0-4767-845c-7026acd91ef4?upload=true.png

:)

Omy90, Aug 10, 2019

2. Setup was unable to create the directory... Error 5: Access is denied

Hello everyone,

Last night, I tried to download a free sketch and animation program . However, I couldn't open the setup. It said "The system cannot find the path specified." Then I tried to copy the setup to (CSetup was unable to create the directory "C:\Programdata\......." Error 3: The system... :) drive but it said "Setup was unable to create the directory...
    Error 5: Access is denied".

I have tried to change security options on "Temp folder/Properties/Security/advanced" by ticked the box of " Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object."

it also didn't work and nothing has changed. ( it also didn't demonstrate any error or something. it just closed.)

I don't know what is the problem and I cannot understand it this time.

OğuzhanÇetin, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Win7 install, setup was unable to create a new sys partiton...

Full error: Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the setup log files for more information.

My drive setup is as follows:

Drive 0 200gb, trying to install win 7 on this one. This was installed into the computer recently.

Drive 1 Total 250GB. Has ubuntu installed
    Partition 1 Primary: 140gb, ext3
    Partition 2 Logical, 91gb ext3
    Partition 3 logical 3.9GB, swap

Both drives are sata, Drive 0 is first to boot from i believe. Anyway, i had an 80gb drive originally that failed, when i removed that I rebuilt grub on ubuntu to just recognize ubuntu and its own drive (drive 1). Thereafter I stuck Drive 0 in, and tried to install Win7 on it, and got the above error. I disconnected my ubuntu drive, and the error is still present. Heading home from work now, but pile on the suggestions. Ill try them tomorrow.

Hybrid_theory, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Programdata\......." Error 3: The system...

"an error occurred while trying to create a file in the destination directory setup was unable to create the directory"

"an error occurred while trying to create a file in the destination directory setup was unable to create the directory" this is the problem i am facing after updating my windows 10 to the latest upgrade. now what i do?
    Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Programdata\......." Error 3: The system... a4e30672-9fa2-4dd2-bb69-353a547df584?upload=true.png

OsmanSangar, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Programdata\......." Error 3: The system...

1. Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Programdata\......." Error 3: The system... - Similar Threads - Setup was unable

2. Error 5: Setup was unable to create the directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 5: Setup was unable to create the directory: I am trying to install git bash, git lfs, and discord but I am getting these errors.I tried changing permissions for temp folders and rebooting my laptop, also tried turning off the controlled folder access in Windows Security, but it didn't work either. Please help me...
  3. Error 5: Setup was unable to create the directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 5: Setup was unable to create the directory: I am trying to install git bash, git lfs, and discord but I am getting these errors.I tried changing permissions for temp folders and rebooting my laptop, also tried turning off the controlled folder access in Windows Security, but it didn't work either. Please help me...
  4. Error 5: Setup was unable to create the directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...: Hi I have set myself as an administrator, I have ran the Command Prompt, I refreshed the pages, but it still wont let me extract the folders from the .exe folder, and it always says"Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...
  6. Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...: Hi I have set myself as an administrator, I have ran the Command Prompt, I refreshed the pages, but it still wont let me extract the folders from the .exe folder, and it always says"Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...
  7. Error 5: Access Denied: Setup unable to create the directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error 5: Access Denied: Setup unable to create the directory: Repost of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-5-access-denied-setup-unable-to-create-the/e9e9ad9b-9a81-4a99-962e-3e5f0708a855 which is lockedTrying to run pip3 install --upgrade --force-reinstall --no-cache-dir jupyter --user ERROR: Could not install...
  8. setup unable to create directory

setup unable to create directory: I am trying to install a program and when i open the installer everything is fine until it begins to download and then i get "Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\ProgramData\Arturia\ArturiaSoftware Center" Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified" Last...
  9. Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code". Error 5:...

Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code". Error 5:...: Getting annoyed that I can't install or change things in my C drive anymore since an update or two ago. I am getting the following error when trying to install MS VS Code. Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code". Error 5: Access is...
  10. setup was unable to create the directory error 2 the system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setup was unable to create the directory error 2 the system cannot find the file specified: I am trying to install a program I get a error message, "setup was unable to create the directory "C:\users\Noor Hasan\Document\Wondershere Filmora" Error 2: the system cannot find the file specified" I realized today I believe I have gotten this error on several things I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setup was unable to create the directory error 3

2. ลง program setup was unable to create the directo

3. what is c:\programdata\microsoft one drive\setup\refcount