Windows 10: setup with wrong user details

Discus and support setup with wrong user details in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I got my daughter a new laptop, when she set it up she has put in wrong email address, we now cant access laptop, is there any way to change this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LucyGallagher1, Dec 26, 2019.

1. setup with wrong user details

Hi, I got my daughter a new laptop, when she set it up she has put in wrong email address, we now cant access laptop, is there any way to change this? any password reset info is going somewhere else.

:)

LucyGallagher1, Dec 26, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Dec 26, 2019
  3. wrong user at startup

Hi, I appreciate the continued suggestions as to how to delete the unwanted user,
    theco.

Note the screen shot following the net user command

setup with wrong user details b942815d-1dcb-4722-b0de-a86e5cd35447.jpg

the user i wish to delete " theco " is not listed....what would be the next step.....

Thanks

DouglasCosentino, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

setup with wrong user details

Windows 10 Add New Local User Fails with "Something went wrong" message

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Did you use the same Microsoft account to setup user account on this computer?
    I would suggest you to create a new local user account using the below steps

Steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R

• And type netplwiz and click ok.
    This will open user account window click add and follow the onscreen instruction to create a new local account.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Arul_D, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

setup with wrong user details

1. setup with wrong user details - Similar Threads - setup wrong user

2. NEW SETUP GONE WRONG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEW SETUP GONE WRONG: I tried creating a new account on a new PC being installed for the first time. Then surprisingly im taken to the login page. I dont even have a profile setup and im expected to put in a password. i press next with an empty password and it it says incorrect. I type ""guest"...
  3. NEW SETUP GONE WRONG

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NEW SETUP GONE WRONG: I tried creating a new account on a new PC being installed for the first time. Then surprisingly im taken to the login page. I dont even have a profile setup and im expected to put in a password. i press next with an empty password and it it says incorrect. I type ""guest"...
  4. NEW SETUP GONE WRONG

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Wrong account details

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong account details: My account on my windows 10 laptop is still linked somehow to my old email address.When ever i need to access the store it asks for the password to the old account, even though my account details are all update.If i choose the option for forgotten password it wants to send...
  6. Details: AADSTS50020: User account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Details: AADSTS50020: User account: Hello, What Im trying to do is to create a multiapp kiosk for assigned access in windows 10. I read about using Microsoft Endpoint Manager Admin center . But as soon as I log-in, i get the following message: Additional information from the call to get a token:...
  7. Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??: Hi all, I just bought my wife a new Dell Latitude 3400. I started to set it up using my Windows login and such. I want to change everything I did and restart the whole setup process with her information. I would like to go beyond the change Administrator and change user ID....
  8. New Windows setup created wrong user folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Windows setup created wrong user folder: s have a new PC and I'm installing a new iteration of Windows 10. It created a User folder spelled different than the one I am using on old Windows PC. This was done when I logged into my Microsoft account during setup. My backup will restore my files to the existing...
  9. Account setup wrong?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account setup wrong?: I recently did a clean-install of my HP DV6 laptop using the FCU -- and then spent two days reinstalling the apps and restoring the user settings. After that, I created a second account for my wife but when I logged into her account, I kept getting admin password prompts,...
  10. Wrong icons showing in Details view

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong icons showing in Details view: I'm seeing incorrect icons displayed under Windows 10 for certain executable files when viewed in Windows 10 Explorer in Details view. If I change the folder view to Thumbnails, the correct icon is shown, but if I switch back to Details view they're still displayed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set up windows with wrong user

2. setup wrong user in windows