Windows 10: setup without a microsoft account

Discus and support setup without a microsoft account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am setting up a new win 10 computer for a family member who dosn't have a Microsoft account and likely never will (She's 84). I got through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KEVENANDERSEN, Dec 13, 2019.

1. setup without a microsoft account

I am setting up a new win 10 computer for a family member who dosn't have a Microsoft account and likely never will (She's 84). I got through the initial setup using a local account (finally) and now I need to change the Wind 10 in S mode to Windows 10 home and am going through the request of a Microsoft account stuff again. How can I perform this and other actions with out a Microsoft account?

:)

KEVENANDERSEN, Dec 13, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Jackman33 Win User

setup without a microsoft account

Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

Thanks for the help!!!

Jackman33, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

setup without a microsoft account

1. setup without a microsoft account - Similar Threads - setup without microsoft

2. windows 11 24h2 i want setup without microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 24h2 i want setup without microsoft account: starting windows 11 24h2, after i clean install windows 11 24h2, i want to sign in local account instead of microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-24h2-i-want-setup-without-microsoft/8b9d83e6-1537-4e1f-b894-cb6f510b943e
  3. windows 11 24h2 i want setup without microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 24h2 i want setup without microsoft account: starting windows 11 24h2, after i clean install windows 11 24h2, i want to sign in local account instead of microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-24h2-i-want-setup-without-microsoft/8b9d83e6-1537-4e1f-b894-cb6f510b943e
  4. How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account: When setting up a new Windows computer you will nearly always be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft account to continue.What if you don’t have a microsoft account, and what if you don’t want one.There is a very simple solution and you can avoid messing around with command...
  5. How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account

How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account: When setting up a new Windows computer you will nearly always be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft account to continue.What if you don’t have a microsoft account, and what if you don’t want one.There is a very simple solution and you can avoid messing around with command...
  6. How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft Account setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account setup: So - I had a Microsoft Account setup years ago and when I forgot my password I was asked lots of security questions about an old phone number from at least two houses ago in another state, etc etc. I could not remember any of this decades old info. Then it asked me to provide...
  8. Microsoft Account setup

Microsoft Account setup: So - I had a Microsoft Account setup years ago and when I forgot my password I was asked lots of security questions about an old phone number from at least two houses ago in another state, etc etc. I could not remember any of this decades old info. Then it asked me to provide...
  9. Microsoft Account setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Outlook wont setup without a Microsoft account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook wont setup without a Microsoft account: Hi Guys, I have reinstalled one of my PC's with only a local account as Admin and installed Office 365 and the little sod (only nice word I can think of without swearing) wont let me set any email accounts up until I put a microsoft one in first, am I correct or am I missing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account phone setup