Windows 10: SetWindowsHookEx doesn't honour LowLevelHooksTimeout registry

Discus and support SetWindowsHookEx doesn't honour LowLevelHooksTimeout registry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We use SetWindowsHookEx (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winuser/nf-winuser-setwindowshookexa) API to hook the mouse events. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GoMobile1, Dec 18, 2018.

1. GoMobile1 Win User

SetWindowsHookEx doesn't honour LowLevelHooksTimeout registry

We use SetWindowsHookEx (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winuser/nf-winuser-setwindowshookexa) API to hook the mouse events.

In LowLevelMouseProc callback function, we process the WM_LBUTTONDOWN and WM_LBUTTONUP events.

While processing those events, it gets timed out in 2 seconds always.

LowLevelHooksTimeout value in registry is 30 seconds. But still the event gets timed out in 2 seconds.

This issue is observed in Windows 10 1709, 1803 and 1809 builds.

This was working fine on Windows 10 1703 build.

:)

GoMobile1, Dec 18, 2018
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Dec 18, 2018
  3. AlbertoMA Win User
    my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Dec 18, 2018
  4. SetWindowsHookEx doesn't honour LowLevelHooksTimeout registry

CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    This might have occurred due to corrupted\outdated DVD\CD-ROM driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.

• Right click on the driver select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

SetWindowsHookEx doesn't honour LowLevelHooksTimeout registry

1. SetWindowsHookEx doesn't honour LowLevelHooksTimeout registry - Similar Threads - SetWindowsHookEx doesn't honour

2. Windows 10 doesn't save registry changes on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't save registry changes on reboot: I just set up a new computer for a network work station.. Initially it was saving everything to 'One Drive' so I disconnected from One DriveTo make Paradox work, I have to edit the registry to set the working directory and the private directory for Paradox.Every time I...
  3. Windows 10 doesn't save registry changes on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 doesn't save registry changes on reboot: I just set up a new computer for a network work station.. Initially it was saving everything to 'One Drive' so I disconnected from One DriveTo make Paradox work, I have to edit the registry to set the working directory and the private directory for Paradox.Every time I...
  4. Windows 10 doesn't save registry changes on reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows doesn't boot after editing registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows doesn't boot after editing registry: I use DELL 7320 For my company Inox steel India and I edited registry of my laptop to change the program file install location from C drive to E drive. Then I installed software. The software had installed on the C drive, not on the changed drive also. Then I merged the...
  6. Windows doesn't boot after editing registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows doesn't boot after editing registry: My laptop is a DEL G3 3500 and I edited registry of my laptop to change program file install location from C drive to E drive. Then I installed software.The software had installed on C drive, not on the changed drive also. Then I merged backed up registryBacked up before...
  7. Does Windows10 process scheduler honour Intel CPU "favourite" cores?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does Windows10 process scheduler honour Intel CPU "favourite" cores?: Does Windows10 process scheduler honour CPU cores labeled as "favourite" i.e. with best heat/thermal parameters in Intel CPUs? I wonder, Intel XTU reports that my XEON CPU has "favorite" cores #3,4 and 7. In numeric simulations the worker threads generally fall to #3 and...
  8. Modifying registry key doesn't work. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modifying registry key doesn't work. Why?: I'm trying to add command "open PowerShell here" to the right mouse button menu. I'm using instructions from How to Add “Open PowerShell Here” to the Right-Click Menu for a Folder in Windows but when I'm at the stage where I suppose to add and modify reg key in...
  9. Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry: Hello, the question is according to Windows 10 x64. I was trying to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection and uninstaller shows an error - access denied to registry. I was trying to change permission manually in registry with Admin account, but no luck. Still error -...
  10. A REGISTRY mystery - reg file doesn't import properly

in Windows 10 Support
    A REGISTRY mystery - reg file doesn't import properly: I have imported hundreds of reg files into every windows build since 95, now I run into another W10 mystery. I have a complete export of the key REPETIER. When I import it some REG_SZ entries do not import. This is an unmodified export of a sub-key under Repetier. reg...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setwindowshookex windows10

2. LowLevelHooksTimeout