Windows 10: SETX /? No Startup File Error

Discus and support SETX /? No Startup File Error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi i have a SETX /? Error i saw someone (moderator) is writing go to startup files but i dont have startup files all of them empty pls help how can i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YusufAyaz1, May 13, 2019.

1. SETX /? No Startup File Error

Hi i have a SETX /? Error i saw someone (moderator) is writing go to startup files but i dont have startup files all of them empty pls help how can i solve it ?
    When i open my computer it says select a file to open i really bored and i selected .txt is this a virus ?
    My SETX /? error code is (its on .txt file):
    Invalid number of parameters
    ERROR: Invalid syntax. Default option is not allowed more than '2' time(s).
    Type "SETX /?" for usage.

:)

YusufAyaz1, May 13, 2019

2. Invalid syntax with SETX

I used the SETX command to set
    CONDA AND PYTHON path:

But Its's shows this error. so, help me when I open this Startup folder using this Shell:startup it show me vacant folder.

Arpit Dubey ji, May 13, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 13, 2019
  4. ImTR3NT Win User

SETX /? No Startup File Error

SETX/? And XCOPY error in windows 10.

Every time I start up my computer i get a window that says select a program and today i decided i will click on one of them to see whats causing it to pop up so i click on notepad and a text command line showed up in the notepad. And i'm wondering how i
    can disable this from showing up on startup. a few weeks ago i was using command prompt to format a sd card a certain way for android and i not sure if that is what is causing this to happen on start up or something entirely different. down below is the text
    that showed up in the notepad.

nvalid number of parameters

'XCOPY' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

ImTR3NT, May 13, 2019
Thema:

SETX /? No Startup File Error

1. SETX /? No Startup File Error - Similar Threads - SETX Startup File

2. unknown script file host error on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown script file host error on startup: Whenever booted my pc pc gives this kind of error boxso i need to get rid of this kinda irritating errorPlease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-script-file-host-error-on-startup/d90d0945-36ea-4c88-93ab-44c1e7935ab8
  3. unknown script file host error on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown script file host error on startup: Whenever booted my pc pc gives this kind of error boxso i need to get rid of this kinda irritating errorPlease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-script-file-host-error-on-startup/d90d0945-36ea-4c88-93ab-44c1e7935ab8
  4. Startup error with SrtTrail.txt log file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup error with SrtTrail.txt log file: Today I turned on my PC and it went into repair mode. I can't restart my PC, I can't restore it, Safe mode boot doesn't work, I can't restart my PC to an older version of Windows. I don't know why the error occurred. Thanks in advance, does anyone think you can help me?...
  5. Can not find script file error on startup.

Can not find script file error on startup.: I am receiving error on windows startup every time. my windows is updated. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-find-script-file-error-on-startup/db172512-fa06-45c5-8ed0-c22962268e37
  6. Command Prompt setx truncating to 1024 characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt setx truncating to 1024 characters: setx path "%path%;C:\julia\bin" WARNING: The data being saved is truncated to 1024 characters. SUCCESS: Specified value was saved. Using this how can I get around the data being truncated?...
  7. Can not find script file- Error on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not find script file- Error on startup: Hello, [ATTACH]I'm getting "can not find script file" error on startup. Please help me in fixing this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-find-script-file-error-on-startup/936798aa-4c33-4888-81bd-f911b9941858
  8. SetX slow on Windows 10

SetX slow on Windows 10: Hello, We are using a batch file with a lot of setx command in it, needed for some apps. The problem is lately, some of brand new computers have the command SetX run very slowly : every SetX made would take up to 45 sec, while usually more likely 2 sec only. The thing...
  9. setx /M MP_FORCE_USE_SANDBOX 1.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    setx /M MP_FORCE_USE_SANDBOX 1.: win 10 home-ves 1803-os build 17134.345 The following copied from cghacks.int martin brickmann: Here is what you need to do to enable Windows Defender Antivirus sandboxing right now: Open the Start menu. Type powershell.exe to display PowerShell as one of the results....
  10. Invalid syntax with SETX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invalid syntax with SETX: I used the SETX command to set CONDA AND PYTHON path: SETX PATH "%PATH%;C:\AI-ML\Anaconda3\Scripts;C:\AI-ML\Anaconda3;C:\AI-ML\python\python37" But Its's shows this error. so, help me when I open this Startup folder using this Shell:startup it show me vacant folder....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. invalid number of parameters error type setx/? for usage

2. SETX/? And XCOPY

3. setx /m mp_force_use_sandbox 1