Windows 10: SetX slow on Windows 10

Discus and support SetX slow on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, We are using a batch file with a lot of setx command in it, needed for some apps. The problem is lately, some of brand new computers have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Flo_G, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Flo_G Win User

SetX slow on Windows 10

Hello,

We are using a batch file with a lot of setx command in it, needed for some apps.

The problem is lately, some of brand new computers have the command SetX run very slowly : every SetX made would take up to 45 sec, while usually more likely 2 sec only.

The thing is the .bat is taking like 1 hour to execute now, when it took like 5 mn in the past, making my coworker work 1/2 of his day.

Here is what have been tried :

- Disabled Kaspersky

- Tried under another account, admin or not

- Make myself owner of setx.exe

- Tried with an older version of setx (as this one we had was pre installed with windows)

- Tried on another computer (but same install of windows)

- Updated Windows with lastests updates

- Updated bios

- Tried at startup, we did not launch any other app (but some like Skype launched, of course, and i killed some like that)

Google Chrome isn't launched when we use that

The computer i have the problem is on Windows 10 latest release (1803).

Have you ever had the problem, is there a way to fix it ? I'm starting to believe the only way would be to change totally the scripts and turn them into powershell, but that would be a lot of work and we are not the one making the scripts at first.

Thank you for your reply

:)

Flo_G, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

SetX slow on Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

SetX slow on Windows 10

1. SetX slow on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - SetX slow

2. Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s: Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-wi-fi-download-slow-to-1-to-2-mb-from/19d5f7a0-b3ed-44ee-903c-952d6ef0b894
  3. Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s: Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-wi-fi-download-slow-to-1-to-2-mb-from/19d5f7a0-b3ed-44ee-903c-952d6ef0b894
  4. Darshan Hiranandani : How do I troubleshoot a slow or unresponsive Windows computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Darshan Hiranandani : How do I troubleshoot a slow or unresponsive Windows computer?: Hii, I'm Darshan Hiranandani, How do you suggest troubleshooting a slow or unresponsive Windows computer? Your insights and experiences are highly valued....
  5. Darshan Hiranandani : How do I troubleshoot a slow or unresponsive Windows computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Darshan Hiranandani : How do I troubleshoot a slow or unresponsive Windows computer?: Hii, I'm Darshan Hiranandani, How do you suggest troubleshooting a slow or unresponsive Windows computer? Your insights and experiences are highly valued....
  6. My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?: My HP Pavillion B&o is very slow at startup and stays slow. What can I do to make it faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-extremely-slow-on-start-up-and-even/041baea1-30e7-4cf3-917b-b4c69e759048
  7. Command Prompt setx truncating to 1024 characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt setx truncating to 1024 characters: setx path "%path%;C:\julia\bin" WARNING: The data being saved is truncated to 1024 characters. SUCCESS: Specified value was saved. Using this how can I get around the data being truncated?...
  8. SETX /? No Startup File Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    SETX /? No Startup File Error: Hi i have a SETX /? Error i saw someone (moderator) is writing go to startup files but i dont have startup files all of them empty pls help how can i solve it ? When i open my computer it says select a file to open i really bored and i selected .txt is this a virus ? My SETX...
  9. setx /M MP_FORCE_USE_SANDBOX 1.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    setx /M MP_FORCE_USE_SANDBOX 1.: win 10 home-ves 1803-os build 17134.345 The following copied from cghacks.int martin brickmann: Here is what you need to do to enable Windows Defender Antivirus sandboxing right now: Open the Start menu. Type powershell.exe to display PowerShell as one of the results....
  10. Invalid syntax with SETX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invalid syntax with SETX: I used the SETX command to set CONDA AND PYTHON path: SETX PATH "%PATH%;C:\AI-ML\Anaconda3\Scripts;C:\AI-ML\Anaconda3;C:\AI-ML\python\python37" But Its's shows this error. so, help me when I open this Startup folder using this Shell:startup it show me vacant folder....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 setx path